Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Target shooting

(Chester County)

Default Target shooting

New to the crew, thank you, I live in East Vincent Township, chester county pa. Im on a 10 acre farm, dont know if that helps. But, I want to set up a target range, handguns only, in my backyard. I can not find anything on the township website, so here I am. Thanks for the assistance prior....Also, I hear pew pew all day during the summer, so it makes me go hmmmm.....

(Chester County)

Default Re: Target shooting

Quote Originally Posted by 306beans View Post
    New to the crew, thank you, I live in East Vincent Township, chester county pa. Im on a 10 acre farm, dont know if that helps. But, I want to set up a target range, handguns only, in my backyard. I can not find anything on the township website, so here I am. Thanks for the assistance prior....Also, I hear pew pew all day during the summer, so it makes me go hmmmm.....
    Their published ordinances do not prohibit shooting. This is typical for townships with large rural areas in this part of the state. As long as you're not being stupid and creating a hazard to others, I would just shoot as long as you're not a prohibited person and are not using stolen guns. If you're near a recent development of McMansions, you may be the target of some idjit complaints. You have a small local police force, and I would seek local knowledge about exactly who runs it and how stupid they try to get.

I can sit on my front porch and throw sticks of dynamite for fun and no one complains as long as I don't do it too often (I don't really throw dynamite, but occasionally play with 1/4-1/2 pounds of Tannerite). I'm on a 12 acre farm, but about a mile from the nearest idjits.

IANAL 15-20 minute test sessions are within my level of risk acceptance with the absence of a prohibitive ordinance but with unknown local law enforcement. Yours may differ. There is a clause in §27-1716 about noise, but parsing the words on its application is lawyer material to me.

Wish I could help more, but that's all I have.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!