Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Storing food in a damp basment

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Dehumidifier?
    Yes. I have one in my basement. Our cul-de-sac has a high water table. I had a siphon system put in with the drainage running well away from the house.

I also keep a new and unused extra sump pump in the basement.

Having a generator with enough gas is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

Do you ever put the tea in a large glass pitcher and let it sit in the sun for a few hours? My father used to do this during the Summer and we would drink it with a little lemon aid. For some reason the tea always tasted better than boiling water for it.

This method works for making cherry's in grain or moonshine. Let them in the sun for a few days. The cherry's are kick ass. You can just eat them or split them and put them in your lip like chew. A word for the wise, it doesn't take many to get a good buzz going.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Good idea to buy in bulk. My wife usually buys her brand when its buy one get one free...she then buys two...lol

Do you ever put the tea in a large glass pitcher and let it sit in the sun for a few hours? My father used to do this during the Summer and we would drink it with a little lemon aid. For some reason the tea always tasted better than boiling water for it.

Canning jars, mason jars...whatever you call them...great for storage. Store bought goods in glass jars are always a good reuse app. I have been doing it for years. I tend to run out of jars when we can tomatoes...every year I can more.
    If you're reusing store bought jars, you'll need new caps too.

Check out this place: https://www.fillmorecontainer.com/ They're not too far from me, I've bought a bunch from them. You can get caps for all the variety of store bought jars for good prices. Plus you can get your own supply of a variety of jars. The probably have one of the most efficient websites I've ever seen from a small company. Every jar shows the selection of caps that can be used with it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234