Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saiga-12

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Saiga-12

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Because they didn't make saiga trigger groups or 12 gauge followers in the US. Also the mag spring doesn't count, the 3 mag parts are the body, follower and floorplate.
    My fault, you're correct about the spring. Can't really guarantee that you couldn't 3D print a follower in the US. As for the trigger, nothing I see stands out that it's a Russian trigger. Unless I'm missing something it looks just as much like a Tapco or an ALG as it does a Saiga. OP, what's the trigger group?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Because they didn't make saiga trigger groups or 12 gauge followers in the US. Also the mag spring doesn't count, the 3 mag parts are the body, follower and floorplate.
    Actually it has a TAPCO G2 Fire Control Group.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    My fault, you're correct about the spring. Can't really guarantee that you couldn't 3D print a follower in the US. As for the trigger, nothing I see stands out that it's a Russian trigger. Unless I'm missing something it looks just as much like a Tapco or an ALG as it does a Saiga. OP, what's the trigger group?
    Saiga trigger groups are different than standard AK trigger groups, and since that gun isn't converted the trigger is definitely not Tapco.

If its illegal, I'd be interested in buying it.
    If I ever get back to work

(Clinton County)

As for what it's worth? Hard to say. When these "unconverted" Saiga-12's first hit the market they were had for 400 bucks. During the last panic and after the import ban they went up to a grand. Once VEPR's starting showing up and 400 dollar Chinese Saiga clones landed these went down in value. I call this one unconverted because the trigger group is in the wrong location to make it sporterized and usable with the monte carlo stock they came with. They should still hold some value though just by being a Saiga. With Chinese saiga clones still at 400 and VEPRs still for sale at around 1100, I'd say this one should fall somewhere in between. More equal to the VEPR in price if it had the conversion done. Just my .02
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clinton County)

Saiga trigger groups are different than standard AK trigger groups, and since that gun isn't converted the trigger is definitely not Tapco.
    Interesting. That's beyond me, never handled an AK shotgun that wasn't "normal" so I really don't know.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Lancaster County)

Anyone local to Lancaster that would be willing to check it out? Would like to know what's really done to it. Just going by what the original owner said.

Not sure how anyone else’s here ran but mine sucked right out of the box and all to often they need a lot of mods to get them reliable if you plan to use it often. My brothers Veper can be a a PITA with some cheap loads loads but runs reliable with everything else.

Hard pass for me.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Not sure how anyone else’s here ran but mine sucked right out of the box and all to often they need a lot of mods to get them reliable if you plan to use it often. My brothers Veper can be a a PITA with some cheap loads loads but runs reliable with everything else.

Hard pass for me.
    That's been my experience as well as most others. They can be fixed though. Come to the CenPA shoot sometime and see how they should run out of the box. Mine all eat everything. I've just come to accept that they need internal work, they were never designed to run less than 3.5 dram target loads, they were designed to be a military shotgun and fed slugs and buck primarily. The Russian military issues them from what I understand so they can't be all that bad. They just get a bad rap because they came stateside and everyone and their brother wanted to use them for 3 gun and plinking with wally world bulk pack ammo. On that note, steer far away from Winchester white box bulk target loads. Absolute garbage and loaded inconsistent and I suspect is responsible for many of the reliability issues people face even with properly tuned shotguns.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

Hard pass for me.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of semi-auto shotguns. Find a brand of shells that it likes and stick to it. They're all problematic with certain ammo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast