Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default SGAmmo Availability Notice

Nobody saw this coming? (just kidding)

It was bound to happen. Hope you have all the reloading compents you're gonna need for a while...:

Thank you for subscribing to the SGAmmo.com newsletter. If you have trouble viewing this email you can see the newsletter at this link: Bulk Ammo in Stock

https://www.sgammo.com/

A lot has changed in the ammo business over the past 40 days as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. Supply has been badly diminished, and bottlenecks in manufacturing and distribution will continue cause shortages for months yet to come. From what I am seeing the worst is yet to come on ammunition availability which I believe will reach its worst in the next 30 to 90 days. The buyer's market conditions which I have talked about in so many prior newsletters that brought ammo prices to 12 year lows in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 have passed. I hope most people followed my advise in the past and stocked up while supply and prices were at their best. At this time supply has for the most part been bought up, most ammo factories and importers have done substantial price increases, and moving forward availability will be limited to what the factories can make and allocate to their distributors. Covid-19 has caused some ammunition factories in Europe and Russia to close and / or reduce production, and most likely that will spill over here to some of the manufacturers in the USA at some point. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse. We thank you for your support of our family owned and operated business and will do our best to serve our clients well in these strange times, so please stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog at www.SGAmmo.com
    Last edited by bamboomaster; April 15th, 2020 at 10:30 AM.
    - bamboomaster

Default Re: SGAmmo Availability Notice

I'm betting post november we'll see ammo prices crater again. Might have to pull another Cramer if that's the case.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Clearfield County)

I am also thinking this is going to be very short lived. Now that the panic has died down most people are going to stop buying.

(Berks County)

I think it will last a long time. Supply chains are all just in time. Other stuff will be competing for shipping. We saw the heyday. Nobody can claim they didn't know the bottom. Gun manufacturing was talking a big hit from oversupply.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I think it will last a long time. Supply chains are all just in time. Other stuff will be competing for shipping. We saw the heyday. Nobody can claim they didn't know the bottom. Gun manufacturing was talking a big hit from oversupply.
    What would drive it though? The sandyhook panic lasted because there were months and months of gun control bullshit. It is becoming more and more apparent that there isn't going to be societal breakdown, which is what people were stocking up for.

(Bedford County)

Sam sings that tune every chance he gets....

I can't honest to godly imagine how most everyone who cares doesn't have a sufficient stockpile of ammo since we have been through this umpteen times now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
    Sam sings that tune every chance he gets....

I can't honest to godly imagine how most everyone who cares doesn't have a sufficient stockpile of ammo since we have been through this umpteen times now.
    I recently added two new calibers to my barn and those are what I was short on. Otherwise I'm in good enough shape for my comfort. As for future supplies, it didn't take long to fill up the bins once Obama disappeared from sight.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

I haven't bought ammo in a while. I'm good.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    What would drive it though? The sandyhook panic lasted because there were months and months of gun control bullshit. It is becoming more and more apparent that there isn't going to be societal breakdown, which is what people were stocking up for.
    Too many people saw Eugene making primers out if match-heads on TWD.

We had the initial panic buying, that started off the lack of supply. Then more panic because all of a sudden, you can't find .223 or 9mm anywhere.

Then whenever anyone can find some, they pay 40-100% more for as much as they can afford, which depletes the supply even more.

There was/is a big first time gun owner rush on defensive weapons. That put a hurting on the 9mm, .223, and buckshot supply.

Then you have the folks who didn't learn from the last droughts, and didn't keep that much on hand.

On top of that, you have the pecker-spill that buys up whater is available, to resell for a profit.

I'm sure there are also quite a few that are having flashbacks from the AWB, Obama's election, Sandy Hook, and Los Vegas too.

I don't have a Ph.D. In psychology, so I can't say why people do what they do. I think it's basically fear and stupidity, and not necessarily in that order.

I don't really need anything right now, so I can wait until prices go back down. I do wish I had a bigger supply of 9mm SD ammo before this started.

I just hope that 9mm doesn't become the new Federal .22 bulk box.

(Delaware County)

SG ammo has been hanging in there with 7.62 x39, I just bought a case on Friday. This seams to be the only caliber hanging in there threw all this ammo buying and SG seams the only suppler that has a good stock of it for now.$259 a thousand $302.99 to your door including shipping and insurance. All the zoo animals are in stock right now Wolf, golden tiger, brown bear, ext

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast