Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Q: Does possession of a PA Medical Marijuana card prevent obtaining/renewing an L

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Citation please.

https://princelaw.files.wordpress.co...d_remanded.pdf
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Q: Does possession of a PA Medical Marijuana card prevent obtaining/renewing an L

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    LTCF is completely irrelevant to that ruling. "Weapons" are generally prohibited on school grounds. "Other lawful purpose" is a defense for that. For EVERYONE, licensed or not.

The word "license" or "LTCF" appears nowhere in the ruling, nor are any statutes related to firearms licensing cited.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Dauphin County)

I was discussing this with my wife yesterday. She has anxiety that causes her a good deal of distress and wondered if getting a medical card would prevent her from renewing her LTCF. I told her it would but would check here on the forum to verify that info. The new question I pose, would using CBD oil in anyway affect renewing an LTCF? I can't imagine it would if the oil doesn't contain THC and is purchased over the counter.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    This is from the PA state police website: (https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...formation.aspx)

Information for Medical Marijuana Cardholders

It is legal under Pennsylvania law for the holder of a validly issued patient Medical Marijuana Card to possess approved forms of medical marijuana. However, as per the United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), the possession of medical marijuana remains a violation of federal law, and possession of a valid Medical Marijuana Card and/or the use of medical marijuana makes you an “unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance” who is prohibited by federal law from the purchase or acquisition, possession, or control of a firearm pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3), and 27 C.F.R. § 478.32(a)(3).

The BATFE’s position is set forth in its September 21, 2011, Open Letter to all Federal Firearms Licensees, which states in part that “[t]herefore, any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.” *** Click here for a copy of the Open Letter.Opens In A New Window *** Likewise, the mere possession of a Medical Marijuana Card will give rise to an inference that you are an “unlawful user of or addicted to” a controlled substance, pursuant to 27 C.F.R. § 478.11.

Therefore, it is also unlawful for you to apply for, possess or renew a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearm (LTC), because you are “[a]n individual who is prohibited from possessing or acquiring a firearm under the statutes of the United States.” (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes Chapter 18, Section 6109(e)(1)(xiv).

Thought PA Gov. Wolf (and other Dems) was all about saying ''Fuck You'' to federal laws?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    The new question I pose, would using CBD oil in anyway affect renewing an LTCF? I can't imagine it would if the oil doesn't contain THC and is purchased over the counter.
    My layman's opinion is that there is no legal issue with CBD products, as they are not prohibited or controlled at either the state or federal level.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

For firearms purchase. (Maybe ownership??)

But there are reasons to have a LTCF other then a firearm. The courts have ruled it covers other weapons.
    You're confusing what should and what is.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Thought PA Gov. Wolf (and other Dems) was all about saying ''Fuck You'' to federal laws?
    They reserve the finger for tbe citizen.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    I was discussing this with my wife yesterday. She has anxiety that causes her a good deal of distress and wondered if getting a medical card would prevent her from renewing her LTCF. I told her it would but would check here on the forum to verify that info. The new question I pose, would using CBD oil in anyway affect renewing an LTCF? I can't imagine it would if the oil doesn't contain THC and is purchased over the counter.
    Cbd is legal and is derived from hemp not marijuana under federal law. I am not a laywer fyi.

My opinion? Cbd will help and keep use private. Most dont understand and automatically assume its cannabis and thats not a mix up you want to have while carrying.

(Erie County)

I still don't see how a License to carry FIREARMS applies to a knife. A knife is not a firearm.

(Bucks County)

I came across a CBD operation at one of my job-sites in Ephrata a while back. Interestingly, two days later I was reading through a three month old Readers Digest and found an article on CBD. Between the article and the cautionary notes at the end, it said:
    CBD is both safe and legal
    CBD has not passed FDA testing and therefore any medical claims are suspect.
    There are only three reputable firms in USA that reliably test and verify *no THC* in their product.
    The operation I ran across is one of the three. Floyd*s of Landisville.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast