Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Vehicle carry with Utah license if my Pa resident license not renewed

I am a Pa resident and have a Utah non resident license. On one hand Pa does not recognize Utah license except when held by Utah resident. However, section 6106 of code allows for carry in vehicle if have any legal license from any State. I am assuming this would cover loaded pistol in console or glove box, correct? So question is, if I can not get my Pa license renewed because of coronavirus, can I legally carry in vehicle on Utah non residence license? Copy of statute at 6106

"(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
    …………………………………………………………………………………….

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
    Last edited by jack76590; April 14th, 2020 at 04:10 AM.

Default Re: Vehicle carry with Utah license if my Pa resident license not renewed

No, you can't. The former PA AG (who then went to jail for corruption), decided that you are not a "person". The case was taken to appellate court, and the court agreed, a PA resident is not "any person".

Yes, it's reminiscent of Dred Scott. But it's the law in Pa for now. You need a PA LTCF if you are a PA resident.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Vehicle carry with Utah license if my Pa resident license not renewed

There is a discussion on an extension Wolfe gave us peons; http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=358965

Anyway, if your LTCF is not valid, then your Utah becomes invalid, for a nonresident holder of their license.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    There is a discussion on an extension Wolfe gave us peons; http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=358965

Anyway, if your LTCF is not valid, then your Utah becomes invalid, for a nonresident holder of their license.
    Right. In order to possess Utah, you have to have a valid home state 'permit.'

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Right. In order to possess Utah, you have to have a valid home state 'permit.'
    Yep, and unless Utah is going to honor the Governor’s bogus extension, which is nothing more than lip service, you’re hosed in other states as well.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Yep, and unless Utah is going to honor the Governor’s bogus extension, which is nothing more than lip service, you’re hosed in other states as well.
    Yeah, that's a tough situation. I'm sure there were many in AP that planned to renew in March/April/May. Sheriffs are not completely cooperating. Though I see a posting on Berks' website that the Reading Airport substation is closed, but nothing about the courthouse office.