Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default How have you failed to be prepared for COVID-19 crisis

Obviously I have lots of guns and ammo. Live-feed security systems at both business and farm. House is armed up for a siege. House is plumbed to convert to gravity-fed water if needed. Have ducks for eggs which I'm enjoying almost every day. We have goats, plenty of deer and turkeys on our farm for meat if needed, we have freezer full of food, but here's where I have failed:

Lack of medicine for my wife's kidney transplant. She only gets a 30-day supply each time, but we should have kept a minimum of a 90 day supply on hand, if not a 6 month supply.

Really failed there. Lesson learned. Now we haven't had trouble getting her meds from the Mayo Clinic in MN, but what if SHTF for 90 days.

How about you?
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How have you failed to be prepared for COVID-19 crisis

When things started looking real serious in China and mentions that it could possibly become a pandemic, I said we should stock up on some extra food. Unfortunately, I missed on extra cleaning wipes, gloves and masks.

I did lay in some extra ammo.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    When things started looking real serious in China and mentions that it could possibly become a pandemic, I said we should stock up on some extra food. Unfortunately, I missed on extra cleaning wipes, gloves and masks.

I did lay in some extra ammo.
    didn't need the ammo....otherwise, this.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Mercer County)

Nothing different for me; BIL and myself buy a cow and split the order down the middle (half a side each) and get chicken & pork products tossed in to sweeten the deal. Have a second freeze with wild game: deer, elk, bear, etc. and small third freezer for veggies.
    More ammo than I will ever be able to shoot up. As far as meds go my wife and I have a 90 days supply that get topped off every 30 days. The created shortage on TP, Mask, and Hand Sanitizer caught me a little flat footed but I able to stock up on TP, Masks, and Sanitizer in late Feb when I was told by someone whose opinion I trust to stock up on those items
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Luzerne County)

Not much has changed for us. We have stocked up with extras. Mostly just because. We were in a store Saturday and the wife picked up more tp. We have plenty but another pack won't hurt.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

Booze and Masks.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Booze and Masks.
    Me too! The one thing I wanted to get and was sold out was Rock and Rye. A friend did secure a bottle for me from out of state, so that was better than nothing. As for the masks I have zero. My wife can get them from work because she works for a dentist. As of now we have decided to just leave them for emergency medical procedures. When things calm down I will stock up on masks and more gloves.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

I wish I had spent time teaching my elderly relatives how to use the iPad for video conferencing.
    Trying to walk Granny through the steps of setting it up is pretty hard to do over the phone.

I'm generally not well prepared for large scale pandemic or serious illness. Didn't even try beyond the most basic. I guess I don't find the mask and glove stuff to be a true necessity. Washing and staying clean seems to be more important. A lot comes down to money as well. I hate to spend on antibiotics and other meds that will be near useless in a few years. I probably should give this more consideration in the future.

(Berks County)

Doesn’t the government just take your preps with the blessings of the rest of the people? Won’t the government just print up some cash and fill your pockets after taking your job and liberty? Seems like I was totally prepared for this. You too.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast