Here is my situation. I have started shooting out to 300 yds off a bag seated at the bench. I am only talking about bullseye shooting paper targets and an 8" steel plate for fun, not competition or hunting. Caliber is 223 rem fired from a semi auto. I currently have a Vortex 2-8x32 viper scope. At that range, I can see the target, but not the bullseye specifically. I have been looking at a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x 44mm, with a 30mm tube that is on sale currently. Ideally, I would like to be able to see my 22 cal hits on the paper at that range, however I have been getting conflicting info about this. Some people say yes, or yes you should be able to see them out to 400 yards, others say no, not past 200 with a 44mm scope, need a 50mm. I heard a couple of times that you need an 80mm spotting scope for that. Does anyone have experience with a scope like this scope that they can chime in with? I fully understand that this may be wishful thinking to expect that clear of an image at 300 yds for the price point of this optic. Again this is just for fun, not looking for competition or match grade stuff, and can't justify that anyway, just trying to learn what to expect form the scope that I am considering before I buy it.