Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA Stay at Home Order - Private Gun Club

The act of deeming it illegal is of itself illegal. That's 2 negatives, which makes a positive. Ergo, range open.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Just got this from the GOA.

Urge your Legislators and Governor Wolf to Pass SB 613
    Send a message to your state legislators and Governor Wolf to protect gun stores, shooting ranges, and put Pennsylvanians back to work.

All over the Commonwealth, businesses are struggling under the COVID-19 state of emergency, and the firearms industry is no exception.

And Governor Wolf’s list of essential businesses is the crux of the problem.

As you know, Gun Owners of America was instrumental in getting the firearms industry added to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) “Essential Critical Infrastructure” list dated March 28, 2020.

States use the CISA list to determine what businesses are essential during a state of emergency — and several states have reversed their previous orders to close gun stores and ranges due to the recent update.

But while Governor Wolf’s “Industry Operation Guidance” claims to conform to the CISA Essential Critical Infrastructure list, the state website link points to the earlier CISA guidance dated March 19, 2020, which DID NOT include the firearms industry.

That’s a big oversight!

And because of that, local gun stores are only permitted limited operations in Pennsylvania to effect a firearm sale or transfer by appointment only.

As written, Governor Wolf’s restrictions would not allow ammunition or other firearms accessories to be sold.

And shooting ranges are closed, too!

SB 613 fixes these problems by mandating that Governor Wolf develop an emergency mitigation plan that conforms to the CISA guidance dated March 28, 2020, that includes all of the firearms industry and shooting ranges.

Not only that, but SB 613 will help get more Pennsylvanians back to work sooner in other industries. SB 613 is a win-win for everyone.

So, please take a moment to send a message (see above) to your state representatives and Governor Wolf to pass SB 613 and sign it into law.

CLICK HERE to view and sign: https://gunowners.org/pa04132020/?ut...=Take%20Action

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The act of deeming it illegal is of itself illegal. That's 2 negatives, which makes a positive. Ergo, range open.
    Looks like no one understands that though.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Screw the money, I'd like to see happen to him what our founding fathers would do to him.
    I'd say that's mild for a result, but a start.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Coraopolis District Sportsmens Association (CDSA) was closed by the directors. Their asking us to come and drop off our Dues at the range though! Guess that's not violating any of the Govs. order to stay home.

People fishing in the stream close by the range are permitted to fish but slinging boolits is bad for business.

(Chester County)

Just got back from trying out a new optic today.

Range to myself, wifey and poochie walked around the grounds.

One of the officers was blowing leaves.

A quite pleasant afternoon, and got about a thousand yards of walking in 'cause I forgot the binoculars!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I went to my gun club on Good Friday----we were the only ones there and it was a blast (no pun intended)

BTW, I don't care if they deem it illegal or not----I'm going.
    Careful, you'll piss Carson off. Or is that only if you drive around without getting out of your vehicle?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Just got this from the GOA.
    Done---
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345