Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: WLG firearms, burned me for $21,600, Gotwals trucking, Xpressway Transportation

I guess I am confused.

You were the seller, but an FFL is the one who burned you? We’re you selling to another business? If they were a business, why didn’t they just buy from the same place you did?

Why would you take a check for almost $22,000 anyway? And if you did, why would you not wait for the check to clear before relying on those funds?

Your customer sucks.

Default Re: WLG firearms, burned me for $21,600, Gotwals trucking, Xpressway Transportation

It sounds like it was a group buy where neither buyer wanted to buy the full minimum amount required, so they each kicked in for a portion, and then one of the buyers backed out after the order was placed, hanging the other buyer out to dry. That’s what I gather from the situation.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    It sounds like it was a group buy where neither buyer wanted to buy the full minimum amount required, so they each kicked in for a portion, and then one of the buyers backed out after the order was placed, hanging the other buyer out to dry. That’s what I gather from the situation.
    oh, I see.

Still doesn’t explain taking a check for such a large amount and not waiting for it to clear. I mean, shit, I don’t think I’d do that with a check from my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    Not any of mine, I got it for a reason. It’s rare this stuff comes up.
    What is hard to find, the links?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I guess I am confused.

You were the seller, but an FFL is the one who burned you? We’re you selling to another business? If they were a business, why didn’t they just buy from the same place you did?

Why would you take a check for almost $22,000 anyway? And if you did, why would you not wait for the check to clear before relying on those funds?

Your customer sucks.
    Because you can’t call lake city and buy $22k worth of ammo. This was a $300k+ deal. And machine gunners do this often. I’d dealt with him in the past, he burned me this time so I’m letting others know to not deal with him. We have enough issues as a gun community as it is, need to call out the sleaze balls.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post

Correct. I’ll update the first post.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    oh, I see.

Still doesn’t explain taking a check for such a large amount and not waiting for it to clear. I mean, shit, I don’t think I’d do that with a check from my parents.

Because I’d done business before with him in the past. The MG community is a tiny one, most everyone knows one another, and you don’t burn people.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    What is hard to find, the links?

The links are easy. Factory linked lake city is not.

(York County)

Sounds pretty fucked up to me. Hopefully you can find another buyer.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    Because I’d done business before with him in the past. The MG community is a tiny one, most everyone knows one another, and you don’t burn people.
    Apparently, some do.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast