Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default DeSantis dual carry holster

Does anyone have any experience with the DeSantis dual carry or another brand holster that can be worn both IWB and OWB?
    I am looking for versatility and really don't want to limit mysef to one type of carry.
    Here is the DeSantis.
    http://desantisholster.com/032.html

IS there enough support while wearing OWB?
    Are the comfortable?

Thoughts? Opinions?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

Default Re: DeSantis dual carry holster

Looks to me like OWB would be flimsy at best. The added belt loop would also add bulk and perhaps discomfort for IWB. I personally wouldn't use a holster with a belt attachment loop like that for OWB.

Take that as you wish, but I'd save my money instead of buying that style of holster. You'd be better off buying a dedicated IWB holster and a dedicated OWB holster instead of trying to have the "best of both worlds".

(Bucks County)

Every DeSantis clip on IWB holster I've seen sits way too low on the waistband. Like, pretty much impossible to get a proper grip low.

The Dual Carry I was using for my LCP was "liberated" by a friend of mine for his P3AT. He will not give it back. I need to purchase another one. (He loves it because it allows him to carry on his motorcycle, and He loves the retention strap.)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Every DeSantis clip on IWB holster I've seen sits way too low on the waistband. Like, pretty much impossible to get a proper grip low.
    I like Desantis IWB holster just because of this. It sits low in the waistband making printing minimal. It does marginally effect draw speed, but I am a slim guy so I am more concerned about printing. If you practice enough you barely notice the difference in draw speed.

My concern would be that the belt loops look like they are too close together for the holster to be stable.
    If it's a good IWB but not so much for OWB then I may as well buy two dedicated holsers as was suggested previously. I would prefer a holster that can do both, Either DeSantis or another brand because money is tight. If I can't find one I will get a quality IWB and just wait to get an OWB.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(York County)

I own a DeSantis Dual Carry for my P230, although I rarely use it simply because I typically carry a bigger gun. The only time I carry this combo is when my clothing is such that I can't conceal anything larger, which also means I'm wearing IWB.

But I will say that when I do carry it, the dual carry is pretty stable OWB - does not flop around at all... then again it's only holding a little .380 and I almost never carry OWB anyway. As far as IWB, it is comfortable. Like others have stated, it rides pretty low which is good for concealment. But that combined with a thumb strap don't make this the fastest drawing holster around. If I'm wearing IWB I prefer no thumb strap at all, but that's just me.

My opinion: not a bad holster but not my first choice for daily wear.