(Bucks County)

Default Re: Lights on your carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc112994 View Post
    What do you do at night? Possibly coming home from work or walking a dog
    Not an issue for me.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Berks County)

Carrying pocket lights as well, but I'm running w/olight pl mini 2 on my edc. It's small but bright as heck. Nice part is the charger is magnetic, just clicks on and off. If you need to grab it in the night, pops right off no worrys about damage yanking a cable out.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    Carrying pocket lights as well, but I'm running w/olight pl mini 2 on my edc. It's small but bright as heck. Nice part is the charger is magnetic, just clicks on and off. If you need to grab it in the night, pops right off no worrys about damage yanking a cable out.
    I own waaaayyy too many Olights. I run a few PL-pro on long arms and they are just fantastic. That charging system is great, and the quick release is fantastic. Really great lights. I edc a S30R, S20 or a baton pro in titanium. When I go to service a TLR1 I imediately wish it was a PL-Pro, lol. TLRs are not quick to service in any regard.

Stayed away from surefires, Streamlight is a PA company so I like to give them business. It pains me to buy the Olights due to them being an imported product, but I'm not going to buy an inferior product just cause its made in America. Being a Union construction worker, I try to keep my money in this country whenever I can.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Washington County)

I have the Olight PL Mini 2 flashlight on my bed stand Glock 17. Besides the amazing brightness, the magnet charging connection is kick-ass. No more fumbling for a port, just get it near it and it snaps into place, plus when I grab it, the charger just falls off.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Lehigh County)

Have a Streamlight on one AR. I'm comfortable because of distance to target with a rifle. From previous training, NO light on any handgun! It provides a perfect target for your adversary. Light carried in hand and held off body.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by av8tr123 View Post
    Have a Streamlight on one AR. I'm comfortable because of distance to target with a rifle. From previous training, NO light on any handgun! It provides a perfect target for your adversary. Light carried in hand and held off body.
    Light plus laser (tlr8) allows away from body presentation. Only have to grab one item. Gun.

I have a light on most of the guns in my EDC rotation, except the deep concealment one.

If you can have it, might as well have it. Plus, I spent a lot of my career in dimly lit places.

I also EDC a flashlight, and dry fire practice activating the weapon light, and separately using the flashlight.

All I am spending is time...

(Bucks County)

I don't have a light on my carry gun mainly because i'd then have to shop for new holsters.

(Allegheny County)

I have a light on my HD handgun (not the brightest... HK/Insight UTL with LED upgrade on a HK USP Tactical 9mm).

If I could get it on a carry gun without extending past the muzzle I would. But, the two issues are holsters, and compatibility. One carry gun doesn't have a rail, and the other one is a proprietary rail.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I have a light on my HD handgun (not the brightest... HK/Insight UTL with LED upgrade on a HK USP Tactical 9mm).

If I could get it on a carry gun without extending past the muzzle I would. But, the two issues are holsters, and compatibility. One carry gun doesn't have a rail, and the other one is a proprietary rail.
    I prefer a light extend past the barrel/slide a bit. IMO one of the main disadvantages of most semi auto pistols is in a close quarters, hand to hand, situation is being pushed out of battery if you hold it against someone or something. A light that extends just past the slide can mitigate that issue. I still don't have a light mounted on my EDC because, for me, the reasons not to mount a light outweigh this issue. That said, my home defense gun is either a revolver that doesn't have that possibility or a semi auto which has a light that extends 3/4" last the slide.
    The Hostler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast