Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Sparking a lube debate...

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Did you buy directly from them?
    All the landscapers who get into online pissing matches about lubes love that brand. Never tried it.
    Didn't realize they made gun lube.

I've been using Weapon Shield for years now. I like how it smells and it works great.
    Anyone is free to tell themselves that motor oil is "just as good ", but I'm not buying it.
    The first time I used WS on door hinges and gate hinges, they moved freely faster/smoother and lasted longer than any other household lubricant I had ever used.

I'm not saying that WS is the best, and while just about any lubes "will work", they are not all the same.

you mentioned the smell. almost, a pine sort of smell? maybe pine related? I bought a used M7P comcast a while back. gun had a smell from the cleaner. got very curious what it was.

again. not like pine, but it maybe made you think of pine.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I’ve got the eternal question of what lubricant you use for your guns? The reason for this is I’ve used eezox here and there over the last few years and was using it about a week or so ago and after doing the second pistol my hand started to tingle on my palm and almost itch to where I couldn’t scratch it. Believe this or not since it was so red and raw from scratching I sprayed some ballistol on it to cool it down and it worked. So needless to say I cleaned off the two guns with simple green and alcohol and went back to breakfree and ballistol for my pistols; all my hunting rifles I use g96 and boretech eliminator. Has anyone had a similar issue with eezox or anything else for that matter?
    Last thing is I started using renisance wax for the wood stocks since one of my 30/30’s got soaked this deer season anybody give me info on this stuff it seems like a good thing but it’s my first time using it and not in the woods yet
    Happy coronavirus...or Wolfs part in the Bloomberg scam...
    Ballistol all the things.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Philadelphia County)

Eezox is really nasty stuff. It has trichloroethylene which can damage your central nervous system.

I use it sparingly on older guns because it’s a great rust preventer but I would never use the aerosol version. The less I breathe of it the better.

Fun fact: it goes through most rubber gloves and you are better off bare handed because it will evaporate faster without gloves. (check the fact sheet - one of the common types of glove offers some resistance - it wasn’t latex - possibly nitrile?)

For contemporary stuff I just use CLP.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Eezox is really nasty stuff. It has trichloroethylene which can damage your central nervous system.

I use it sparingly on older guns because it’s a great rust preventer but I would never use the aerosol version. The less I breathe of it the better.

Fun fact: it goes through most rubber gloves and you are better off bare handed because it will evaporate faster without gloves. (check the fact sheet - one of the common types of glove offers some resistance - it wasn’t latex - possibly nitrile?)

For contemporary stuff I just use CLP.
    So it would be bad as a mixer in a cocktail?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Washington County)

If you want to hear a “next level” gun lube discussion with some smart people then listen to this.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-pr...ents-61198921/

So I have the slip2000 a try again I had some ewl from about a year ago. I went to the range with my Ruger MK2 and have it a generous dose before I began. It happen to start raining not hard but raining as I was shooting. Upon a mag change I noticed the bolt locked back with a milky white stuff on it...did this stuff just emulsify with water?? I gave another healthy slathering to try and flush out the water and continued on as I was changing mags noticing the stuff mixing even more and now spreading all over my pistol. I*ve contacted slip2000 to ask some questions but they haven*t got back to me as of yet. Needless to say I*m done with their products...all of them...and left the bottle at the range for the next guy if he wants to take it. Stuff is garbage!

(Bucks County)

That's what you get for using gun specific stuff Fella.

Yea I guess so. I still use gun specific like CLP lpx and mil comm but I sprayed it down like a wash out with LPS2 and that is some good stuff. I like LPS1 also.
    I*m trying to save the pics so I can upload them it*s like I lubed it with milk

(Bucks County)

Wow, that's F'ed up!

I like CLP (cleaner for lazy people) but I usually use superlube or Mobil 1 on the rails and contact areas.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast