Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Sparking a lube debate...

i use:
    g96
    super lube
    eezox
    3-1 oil
    brownells grease
    i've never had reactions to them. but one might suggest gloves when using chemicals? i don't. g96 smells beautiful.
    anyone have an issue with their tube of superlube seperating into both a liquid and a solid/grease?
    i haven't bought lube in a decade and have no issue with just switching to generic motor oils and sprays when i run out of the above listed oils.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

I’m not a automotive oil guy at all. I was a tech and an advisor for over 20 years I’ve had my fill of contact with them. I prefer gun specific stuff and there are plants of them...aaaand I probably own more than 20 of them. My main reason for this was what happened with ezzox considering I’ve used it for at least 10 years from time to time and never felt my hands tingle like that before. It freaked me out enough to throw it away and use other stuff. Right now I’m using clp and ballistol, mpro7 lpx and ewl I’m also using on some specific guns weapon shield to see if it improves the function at all. It’s a .22 and around 150 rounds gets finicky
    All of my rifles except my M4 get g96 my M4 is ewl since it’s suppressed I figured that’s a good option

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Yep. Cheap industrial oils / greases work fine. The only difference with the uberexpensive superslick wiz bang lubes is the amount of snake oil they add.
    It sounds kinda dumb spending over $15 for 4oz of gun specific oil like Slip EWL, when 5qts of Mobil 1 at Walmart goes for about $23 & gets the job done about as well. I still still keep buying the expensive stuff though. Hell, the way I see it, I've wasted a hell of a lot more money than that on more foolish stuff in my lifetime.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    It sounds kinda dumb spending over $15 for 4oz of gun specific oil like Slip EWL, when 5qts of Mobil 1 at Walmart goes for about $23 & gets the job done about as well. I still still keep buying the expensive stuff though. Hell, the way I see it, I've wasted a hell of a lot more money than that on more foolish stuff in my lifetime.
    I spent a LOT of coin on my firearms a few dollars more for quality gun specific lube is ok. Not to mention compared to the cost of ammo the clp/lubricant isn’t very spendy no matter what the price, hell I have a bottle of mil-comm that was $70

https://www.realgunreviews.com/whats...cleaners-lube/
    good read.
    i do use brake cleaner for cleaning and drying. from guns to parts to brakes.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    good read.
    If you're using it in aerosol cans it's expensive and you can just buy the components like acetone, toluene and MEK for a lot less.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If you're using it in aerosol cans it's expensive and you can just buy the components like acetone, toluene and MEK for a lot less.
    good point. and i do buy some of them as liquid but i didn't consider using them on the guns.
    so from dedicated gun cleaner to a bottle of acetone, we've saved nearly enough for a brick of .22lr

(Clarion County)

good read.
    Depending on the job I also use brake cleaner. But as the article stated make sure it's non-chlorinated. I pull grips.
    Works great cleaning iron bullet molds that have been stored with a coating of oil.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Chester County)

i use:
    g96
    super lube
    eezox
    3-1 oil
    brownells grease
    i've never had reactions to them. but one might suggest gloves when using chemicals? i don't. g96 smells beautiful.
    anyone have an issue with their tube of superlube seperating into both a liquid and a solid/grease?
    i haven't bought lube in a decade and have no issue with just switching to generic motor oils and sprays when i run out of the above listed oils.
    Regular 3in1 oil is a vegetable based oil and will dry up and gum up. We've had numerous problems with it gumming up over in bicycle world.

I myself use TW25b for grease and Rem oil for gun oil. I'll use just about any gun oil but the TW25b grease is what Sig recommends so I use that for greasing the rails.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Regular 3in1 oil is a vegetable based oil and will dry up and gum up. We've had numerous problems with it gumming up over in bicycle world.

I myself use TW25b for grease and Rem oil for gun oil. I'll use just about any gun oil but the TW25b grease is what Sig recommends so I use that for greasing the rails.
    thanks i'd forgotten all about that. will have to remove it and it's wonderful little applicator bottle from my list.
    i do have a classic oil squirt can with some heavier motor oil in it, guess that'll be repurposed from motors to guns.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast