I was up in East Brunswick today. Finished up the first job, and was handling an emergency at a hospital in NYC over the phone. Trying desperately to get it solved over the phone to avoid having to cross the bridge. I had pulled over in a gravel parking lot ( golf driving range) across from a Dunkin Donuts. Cop in an Explorer pulled in behind me, watching me, I guess. Parked about 100’ away but angled. Pissed me off being watched like that.
When the call was over, I had to call my dispatcher to let him know I got it fixed. I told him about the cop. He suggested I fuck with the cop, turn the tables on him. Oh, I love a challenge. Stayed on the phone the whole time. I drove to the far end of the lot, like I was leaving but found no exit at that end, turned around, came back and parked right behind the cop.
He was squirming around in his seat trying to figure out what I was up to. Fucking hilarious! When he pulled out, I followed him for two blocks just for fun. When it looked like he was getting pissed off, I turned down a side street and disappeared as quick as possible.
We laughed and laughed and laughed!