Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Elk County)

Default Re: LEOs where they usually aren't

Sarcasm first. Donuts shops are closed with exception of drive thru's. Ok living in a very small town with very little crime things are now popping up. Local Fox's Pizzia owner had a guy enter and request help help with a flat tire. Owner pushed him out the door saying he could not in there and there is an open garage next door. The owner called the garage said the guy is on his way and he had out of state plates. No one showed at the garage. PSP troop stopped to get supper at the drive thru and the Fox's guy reported the incident. The trooper said he had calls earlier reporting the same story in other parts of the county. Could be they are watching for scam artists and con men looking for easy targets during this virus thing. Most places have a reduced staff and no customers inside. Easy pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I just got an emergency call out to a helicopter manufacturing plant. Security guy is being difficult. “Your contact isn’t answering the phone. I can’t let you in until he authorizes it.” I show him the email chain demanding my presence. He remains unimpressed. I looked at the ceiling and said, “ ah, ah, ah” and turned away from him like I was about to empty my sinuses all over his Security Office. “ Here, you can go on in. I’ll get a hold of him soon enough!”
    Yeah, wise choice there, Captain Rubberbadge

I refuse to apologize for my complete lack of respect for jackasses that think that just because they have a gun and a piece of plastic, or lead, or rubber pinned to their shirt that the rest of us should bow to them. Fuck them, and everybody that looks like them. They aren’t the people keeping this nation running. They are fleas on the ass of progress!
    if i were the guard's supervisor, i'd be having a word with him.
    if your contact were wise, they'd have remembered they have controlled access and placed a call notifying the guard "XYZ smith from ABC company" would be coming in hot for some sort of service and to just let them come straight through.

would you be punished for not following lockout tag out or some other safety, security policy or work related procedure?
    what if your only job was to ensure that you follow the door access procedure laid out by the guy who hired the guy who was supposed to be meeting you?

generic contractor comes in on day 1, guard is told to let them in. they actually finish the job but they come back on day 2 and guard assumes they are allowed in but this time the tool boxes come in empty and leave full.
    yeah, makes sense. the first question asked would be "why did you let them in?"
    employee comes in every day and unlocks the door but the one day their key/card/fob doesn't work, do you just assume there was an issue and let them in? do you call a superior and let them inform you of the proper procedure? "hey this lady wants in, their keycode doesnt work, do i let her in? oh she was fired?"

you don't have to respect me. nor do you have to like me. America is great, people are still sort of free at least to hate and we're far too often told we HAVE to accept and idolize or we are told we are nazi. but anyway usually when i am hired, it isn't just to guard a door. it is to run at (not away from like certain broward deputies) any and all threats or emergencies. i'm the underpaid person expected to try to save someone life while the real first responders are still driving around trying to get to the site.

also i've had clients set up "traps" to ensure guards are doing their job.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

I'm a contractor and i resent your implications.

We may be thieves but not that kind of thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I'm a contractor and i resent your implications.

We may be thieves but not that kind of thieves.
    rofl. not all contractors are thieves. just like not all germans are nazi.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug570 View Post
    Sarcasm first. Donuts shops are closed with exception of drive thru's. Ok living in a very small town with very little crime things are now popping up. Local Fox's Pizzia owner had a guy enter and request help help with a flat tire. Owner pushed him out the door saying he could not in there and there is an open garage next door. The owner called the garage said the guy is on his way and he had out of state plates. No one showed at the garage. PSP troop stopped to get supper at the drive thru and the Fox's guy reported the incident. The trooper said he had calls earlier reporting the same story in other parts of the county. Could be they are watching for scam artists and con men looking for easy targets during this virus thing. Most places have a reduced staff and no customers inside. Easy pickings.
    Elk Co. lately has been chock full of unusual out of state tagged vehicles; lots of NC, TN, KY, etc. I usually see plenty of NY, VA, WV and Ontario plates, but the number of southern US plates right now is extraordinary.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I probably would have gotten out of my truck and walked over and knocked on his window. And coughed and asked if he was ok.
    Assault
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Assault
    I've been stopped three times in my life. I met them all outside before they got to my door.

They don't like that.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

I mentioned in another thread that the PD in the next few towns over is shut down. Several officers tested positive for the virus. The rest Hof the officers are in quarantine. The state police have been asked to cover the calls for them.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

Years ago at Penn State I met the then chief of police of Altoona. Grumpy, kept to himself guy. I said something like I never knew Charlie Tuna had a brother. Boy, did that piss him off!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234