Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Gunstore NOT doing person to person transfers

Another FFL option is to check the bottom of the home page of gunbroker.com, under the bold heading "Buyers", there is a "Find an FFL" option. Click on Find an FFL and you can search listings of FFLs by zip code. Contact and services info. is usually included with all listings. Call around to find someone willing to handle your FTF transfer close to home. I have found two FFLs close to me using this option and have been happy with the service I've received from both. Good luck.

(Delaware County)

Thank you to the many that have offered great suggestions. I came here for thoughtful input and I got exactly that. Precisely why I appreciate this board.

(Northampton County)

I do them I cater to online shoppers and folks transferring to one another. I am a bit north of you, if you can't find anyone to do give me a call.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dadams831 View Post
    I want to get the boards take on this.
    Seems wrong that during this time they choose to cherry pick which business they want to take on and in essence deny the 2nd amendment avenue for some folks to buy a gun. What if a neighbor is selling a pistol dirt cheap to help someone out during this crisis because said buyer cant pay retail in the store.
    Free, you mistake my passion for wanting everyone to enjoy their 2nd amendment rights and not be denied access to them under any circumstances for entitlement. Nice way to jump to conclusions though since you know people so well from behind a keyboard.
    You can love Free in one post and hate in the the other.
    I love this cause you asked- he told. He did tell you right. I read both things. Don't get butt hurt if you don't get the answer you expect. The customer is not always right.
    Frankly right now nobody obligated to stay open though this crud.

Most shops are sick of online shops undercutting them and the makers who let them sell then under MAP and slam us. $20 transfers may not be worth it compared to selling the whole gun. So you get the shops down there charging 2-3x as much.
    As for FTF. Much the same.
    ME? I'm not completing with them so Im happy making the transfer.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

A big thank you to those who have offered to do transfers for me. Once again though, Im good to go on firearms and am not involved in selling anything myself. This post is in response to what some acquaintances have told me they're encountering at the moment from places in Philadelphia and Delco. Some of whom have patronized Targetmaster a great deal in the past and at 50 bucks for a transfer, one would think its business a store would still take on. I am sympathetic to the online stores undercutting the brick and mortar places for years. That isnt lost on me. My original post is keeping in mind the guy who is being told by a store that they dont have what he wants in stock and it wont be coming anytime soon due to the current mess. Said guy has a friend who is willing to sell that same item but the store is telling him to kick rocks. I understand if they have in stock for example, a glock 19, but the customer is instead buying from an online place to save a few bucks. Yes, I can see how that would piss the store off. However, in these times, that is not the case with the particular people Im speaking of. They are being told that what they want isnt available and wont be in the foreseeable future, due to backorders or whatever. I see it as morally wrong if the seller, who has been a customer for years, is selling to a buddy who is a first time gun owner, and that store wont help him out when that same gun is something they dont even have in stock and wont have it for some time. As mentioned before, I just hope these customers wont forget it.

(Elk County)

I find comments in this thread disappointing.

Most everyone is pro-constitution, pro-"rights." Yet if an FFL in the "hot zone" doesn't want to open to perform a transfer due to the CV pandemic (perfectly within HIS rights; he is NOT obligated to perform a transfer or sell a firearm to anyone he doesn't want to), there are members here who say "Screw him, remember that when this is over and buy elsewhere."

Your right to buy or transfer a firearm at your convenience or desire overrides an FFL's right to stay closed because of CV if he so chooses, and the FFL is a fukkin' asshole for doing so, eh? 'Cause that's what it sound like to me.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Mifflin County)

A big thank you to those who have offered to do transfers for me. Once again though, Im good to go on firearms and am not involved in selling anything myself. This post is in response to what some acquaintances have told me they're encountering at the moment from places in Philadelphia and Delco. Some of whom have patronized Targetmaster a great deal in the past and at 50 bucks for a transfer, one would think its business a store would still take on. I am sympathetic to the online stores undercutting the brick and mortar places for years. That isnt lost on me. My original post is keeping in mind the guy who is being told by a store that they dont have what he wants in stock and it wont be coming anytime soon due to the current mess. Said guy has a friend who is willing to sell that same item but the store is telling him to kick rocks. I understand if they have in stock for example, a glock 19, but the customer is instead buying from an online place to save a few bucks. Yes, I can see how that would piss the store off. However, in these times, that is not the case with the particular people Im speaking of. They are being told that what they want isnt available and wont be in the foreseeable future, due to backorders or whatever. I see it as morally wrong if the seller, who has been a customer for years, is selling to a buddy who is a first time gun owner, and that store wont help him out when that same gun is something they dont even have in stock and wont have it for some time. As mentioned before, I just hope these customers wont forget it.
    Yea , really,. word of mouth advertising is best ! I would be sure to tell everyone about their "service " .

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Most everyone is pro-constitution, pro-"rights." Yet if an FFL in the "hot zone" doesn't want to open to perform a transfer due to the CV pandemic (perfectly within HIS rights; he is NOT obligated to perform a transfer or sell a firearm to anyone he doesn't want to), there are members here who say "Screw him, remember that when this is over and buy elsewhere."

Your right to buy or transfer a firearm at your convenience or desire overrides an FFL's right to stay closed because of CV if he so chooses, and the FFL is a fukkin' asshole for doing so, eh? 'Cause that's what it sound like to me.

Noah
    I may not have it correct, but seems the OP is referring to shops that are open . If they are and pick and chose customers to me that is wrong . I can see if they are closed ,that I get

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    I am acknowledging a dealers right to do what he thinks he needs to do to survive. If the government was forcing someone to be open and forcing them to do transfers through law I would be on the dealers side. I don’t think anyone is saying a ffl has to be open if they don’t feel safe but I might have missed it.

From what I could see in the op this is not a case of forcing ffls to open to do transfers. This is gun shops that are open for business not offering a service they normally do for consumers that many consumers need right now. In a case like this (like most) the only power a consumer has is with their wallet. If a store is not meeting a particular consumers they have the right to say "fine, you are not providing a service I need now, that’s your right, but I will not be spending money at your shop later which is my right". A shop can then say "get lost I don’t care’ or ‘I care about your business in the future, let me offer this service you need now."

No one is stepping on anyone’s Constitutional rights that I can see.

(Delaware County)

57 Springer you are correct. They ARE open and are picking and choosing even with customers who have bought from them for years and in most cases are involving the EXACT same firearms they sold the customer. I would think its their chance to double dip and make money on that same gun twice?!?! Once again to be clear, they are VERY OPEN during this time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast