Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    speaking with promoters today confirms most of what was said before. vendor tables will be limited for sure. occupancy will be limited and masks/PPE social distancing will be observed. expect to wear masks, expect to stand in line, expect to play along with the rules because dealers that pay to come to the show and set up will be pissed when some meatball gets the show shut dow on Saturday morning because they feel like their rights are being taken away by wearing a mask. don't be that guy that gets it shut down for the rest of us. it will remain to be seen what vendors will go to shows and how they will fill the show (reducing number of tables etc.). I don't know if I will be going to Oaks makeup show as I hate to invest $1000 in tables, gas, tolls, and hotel room to be shut down and all of that money be wasted. I will be doing Gettysburg and York this month and will decide which shows to do after that based off of how well people can control themselves.
    Thanks for the warning, I'll do my part by not going, that should help with crowd control.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I'll do my part by not going, that should help with crowd control.
    unfortunately this is the way things must be for now. until we are past the green phase, restrictions will be in place. I can understand your wanting to avoid the show for your own reasons, but I don't think the absence of some patrons will be a huge detriment. judging by the crazy amount of people flooding newly opened bars, restaurants, etc. I highly suspect there will be large crowds waiting to get in. BUT, I don't think anyone can say for sure what will be, until it actually happens. business could be much better or much worse....we just don't know. I can tell you though that many shops are sold out of firearms and ammunition. if you think its bad at your shop, you should see the distributers! some distributers are sold out of 95% or more of their inventory. it may take awhile to catch up because people are still buying tons of stuff. that being said, im sure it will be a bit rough on all ends (promoter, dealer, patron) for the first few shows until we can all hash out how each county needs to proceed. what works at Gettysburg may not work at Oaks. its a huge headache for the promoter and all of the dealers traveling to the show from locations outside of the host venue. bottom line is, if you cant follow rules, think wearing a mask somehow violates your rights, are worried about face recognition drones, etc....you may not want to come out of your house for the next few years.

(Westmoreland County)

Marines55, did you speak with the people at Appalachian about the York show? Their website states that "All shows through the end of June are canceled." Just wondering if they reversed that decision and haven't updated their site.
    I too will be at Gettysburg. A fair chance I'll be set up at Bloomsburg the week after. I'm definitely doing the Monroeville show the last weekend of June.
    At any rate, see you in a few weeks. Let's hope this all works out for the best.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    unfortunately this is the way things must be for now. until we are past the green phase, restrictions will be in place. I can understand your wanting to avoid the show for your own reasons, but I don't think the absence of some patrons will be a huge detriment. judging by the crazy amount of people flooding newly opened bars, restaurants, etc. I highly suspect there will be large crowds waiting to get in. BUT, I don't think anyone can say for sure what will be, until it actually happens. business could be much better or much worse....we just don't know. I can tell you though that many shops are sold out of firearms and ammunition. if you think its bad at your shop, you should see the distributers! some distributers are sold out of 95% or more of their inventory. it may take awhile to catch up because people are still buying tons of stuff. that being said, im sure it will be a bit rough on all ends (promoter, dealer, patron) for the first few shows until we can all hash out how each county needs to proceed. what works at Gettysburg may not work at Oaks. its a huge headache for the promoter and all of the dealers traveling to the show from locations outside of the host venue. bottom line is, if you cant follow rules, think wearing a mask somehow violates your rights, are worried about face recognition drones, etc....you may not want to come out of your house for the next few years.
    All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.

pick your battles. wearing face masks and adhering to guidelines isn't exactly trampling anyones right. Japan has done this for the last 30 years, and as it turns out they were light years ahead of us and our response.

(Berks County)

Marines55
    Japan has done this for the last 30 years, and as it turns out they were light years ahead of us and our response.
    This isn’t Japan either! Seems we were doing very well without until this Chinese Cootie stuff started!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by loknload View Post
    Marines55

This isn*t Japan either! Seems we were doing very well without until this Chinese Cootie stuff started!
    you are right...this isn't Japan. they had death tolls in the hundreds, where are we at again? all chest pounding and yeet yeeting Merica aside, don't be that guy who ruins the show for others and causes dealers to lose thousands of dollars.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Good news of sorts. I just got off the phone with three of the Pa. gun show promoters. They will be doing 3-4 shows in June at various locations unless something goes awry. At this point the planned dates and locations are:

June 13-14 Eagle Arms Gun Show; Gettysburg All-Star Complex.

June 20-21 Eagle Arms Gun Show; Bloomsburg Fairgrounds.

June 20-21 ARH Gun Show; Washington Co. Fairgrounds. THIS IS STILL TENTATIVE AS OF THE DATE AND TIME OF THIS POST.

June 27-28 Showmasters Gun Show; Monroeville Convention Center.

The promoters I spoke with are going to work with the facility managers to see what conditions work best. There may be some restrictions on numbers of vendors, table placement, distancing and numbers of people allowed in a facility at any one time. The final details are being worked out and will be available on updated pages of the promoters in question. As a dealer I'll try to keep you up-to-date here as well.

I hope to see you at as many of these locations as possible.
    ARH's website shows that the Washington June show is cancelled.

Agree with the face mask wearing as an inconvenience and not a trampling of my rights! (besides, I look better in a facemask).
    Does anyone know if the Bloomsburg show in June is a Go or a No-Go?

Bloomsburg Fair.com shows it still as scheduled and not cancelled.
    Eagle Arms lists a Vendor Table price for it but no mention of upcoming shows.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Westmoreland County)

As per my last contact with Eagle Arms Bloomsburg is a go for 20-21 June.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast