Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 130
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Penn area, Pennsylvania
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,755
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Oh how I miss standing in line to pay $5-10 to be disarmed , rub elbows , butts and bellies with fat smelly people and have hucksters shove over-priced Chinese knives and AR accessories in my face.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    ....sounds like somebody has had enough of going to the shows and won't be returning whenever they start back.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    393
    Rep Power
    12798142

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Oh how I miss standing in line to pay $5-10 to be disarmed , rub elbows , butts and bellies with fat smelly people and have hucksters shove over-priced Chinese knives and AR accessories in my face.
    I NEVER disarm at those shows, just walk in like you own the joint.

    As far as everything else you've described, yup it's very accurate... I still love them though The shows that is..., Regards, Kobsw

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Chester County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    1198883

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Quote Originally Posted by kobsw View Post
    I NEVER disarm at those shows, just walk in like you own the joint.

    As far as everything else you've described, yup it's very accurate... I still love them though The shows that is..., Regards, Kobsw
    Yes sir. It’s called “Concealed Carry” for a reason. My business. But I usually have one or two handguns with me that I look to trade. So I let them zip tied those

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,462
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Maybe if they sold admission tickets ahead of time? With set timestamps as to when you can get in? Seriously… It would be a slow process but it would avoid crowds and at least get something going. Just a pipe dream right now
    You can have my ticket.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Chester County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    1198883

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You can have my ticket.
    C’mon.....you don’t miss the constant stun gun noise and turbanhead guys selling crap knives?
    I miss the smaller shows. The VFW & Masonic Temple deals. You can gander for 30 minutes and only $3 admission.
    I always find something of interest. Whether it be an old buck knife from the 80s, WW2 theater knife and maybe an older shotgun to Bring back to life.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,330
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You can have my ticket.
    We may be able to scalp them.
    Hi, how's your mental health?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    lewistown, Pennsylvania
    (Mifflin County)
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    13366814

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    I just looked at eagle arms gunshow website . It is now showing gunshows for June . Boomsburg and Gettysburg !!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1071613

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    there are lots of outcomes and possibilities for shows. none of which seem good, or would benefit dealers very much. you would need to limit the number of people in the show (both patrons and sellers). so, you space the dealer tables out, and limit the number of dealers that will be at the show. I doubt promoters will be jurying the show, so expect to have gun dealers turned away while Chinese knife, jewelry, bath fitter, etc. may be there instead. the "buyers" would then be paying the same admission or more, to get into a show with less stuff there. the dealers that are getting tables, will be paying high table rent (probably higher than before) for a fraction of the foot traffic then before. dealers will either need to raise prices or sell in volume to stay alive and turn a profit. keep in mind, there will still be the guys who bring a damn cell phone to the show and try to price match internet sites to the tables in front of them. but, I can tell you that as a dealer myself, things are not out there for us to buy! our distributers are sold out of most of their inventory and some makers 95% of the inventory hasn't been available for weeks. distributers are finally catching up on shipping (lead times are down to about a week or so now) but you guys would be shocked by the "out of stock" and "Qty:0" listings on distributer websites.

    as for social distancing....expect it to be in full swing and for it to be regulated and maintained at all times. if the police are out there shutting down barbers and restaurants for not being able to comply....they will surely do it to a gun show. when things do get back up and running (and I don't see that happening for a long time) please do all of us and yourselves a favor....just wear the mask and don't bitch about it.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,330
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

    Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    there are lots of outcomes and possibilities for shows. none of which seem good, or would benefit dealers very much. you would need to limit the number of people in the show (both patrons and sellers). so, you space the dealer tables out, and limit the number of dealers that will be at the show. I doubt promoters will be jurying the show, so expect to have gun dealers turned away while Chinese knife, jewelry, bath fitter, etc. may be there instead. the "buyers" would then be paying the same admission or more, to get into a show with less stuff there. the dealers that are getting tables, will be paying high table rent (probably higher than before) for a fraction of the foot traffic then before. dealers will either need to raise prices or sell in volume to stay alive and turn a profit. keep in mind, there will still be the guys who bring a damn cell phone to the show and try to price match internet sites to the tables in front of them. but, I can tell you that as a dealer myself, things are not out there for us to buy! our distributers are sold out of most of their inventory and some makers 95% of the inventory hasn't been available for weeks. distributers are finally catching up on shipping (lead times are down to about a week or so now) but you guys would be shocked by the "out of stock" and "Qty:0" listings on distributer websites.

    as for social distancing....expect it to be in full swing and for it to be regulated and maintained at all times. if the police are out there shutting down barbers and restaurants for not being able to comply....they will surely do it to a gun show. when things do get back up and running (and I don't see that happening for a long time) please do all of us and yourselves a favor....just wear the mask and don't bitch about it.
    I know it's not you doing it but this bullshit is all bullshit. How 'bout sign out front that says, "Enter at your own risk", and leave it at that. Is it really going to take a war to solve this problem?
    Hi, how's your mental health?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What say thee
    By cruzans in forum Pistols
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM
  2. P.G.C. Fuds: Get thee gone to FLA...
    By cdi in forum Hunting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM
  3. Thee only Black Lab afraid to swim
    By biggs88 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 28th, 2009, 02:09 AM
  4. Gun Shows - Fire dept's small town shows? Shops Sales?
    By KeyStone-Sluger in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •