Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Gov't steals from hoarder....??

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21K34F

some will most likely cheer ...... to those I have to ask ..... where is THAT line drawn?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

Just posted about this on the NJ SS death squad thread. I think this is where the misinformation came from.

Draw the line? Like I said in the other thread this guy is an Asshat. He was selling 1000 masks for $12,000. And since he had 192,000 masks I guess he was planning on clearing $2,304,000.

He could have sold them at a more reasonable markup and still have made a fortune but he got too greedy. And now he is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Just posted about this on the NJ SS death squad thread. I think this is where the misinformation came from.

Draw the line? Like I said in the other thread this guy is an Asshat. He was selling 1000 masks for $12,000. And since he had 192,000 masks I guess he was planning on clearing $2,304,000.

He could have sold them at a more reasonable markup and still have made a fortune but he got too greedy. And now he is screwed.
    I do not know of that thread but since you are here.
    How many could he have before it would be wrong for the gov to take his stuff and give it away?
    What if they were bullets, how many?
    Dollars?
    Food?
    Honest question ... what would your allowable numbers be before it would be considered wrong?

(Lehigh County)

The government is going pay him fair market value (based on pre-panic prices) for the goods they confiscated, so it is not total theft.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Monroe County)

Exclamation Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130560[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The government is going pay him fair market value (based on pre-panic prices) for the goods they confiscated, so it is not total theft.
    Even if I wear a condom ..... I'm pretty sure it's still "total" rape if the lady still said "no"
    or at least it should be...............................

(Bucks County)

I think most states have price gouging laws that kick in during states of emergencies and AFAIK they have been ruled constitutional. They have been on the books for decades so if we agree with them or not doesn't matter. I don't think it was against the law for him to have all he wanted in a warehouse. But it was illegal for him to sell it at an obscenely inflated price. If they would have found out he had it and taken his stuff without him gouging it would be another story.

He was arrested then his stuff was seized. That is different than your scenarios.

I think most states have price gouging laws that kick in during states of emergencies and AFAIK they have been ruled constitutional. They have been on the books for decades so if we agree with them or not doesn't matter. I don't think it was against the law for him to have all he wanted in a warehouse. But it was illegal for him to sell it at an obscenely inflated price. If they would have found out he had it and taken his stuff without him gouging it would be another story.

He was arrested then his stuff was seized. That is different than your scenarios.
    Ok , so let's let that stand for a moment ......now I'd have to ask .... at what point in an increase of price does it become gouging?
    Is there a pie chart or something for this?
    Honest question
    No one seems to mind when the hospital gouges me ..... my word not theirs ..... for a pill or what not?
    Some may claim the hospital has overhead ..... if that makes it ok.... what was this guys overhead in obtaining and storage?
    He had to have one I am sure.

I understand folks were buying from him ............. they must have been ok with it and thank goodness for the guy .. or those johnny come lately would have nothing perhaps?
    Last edited by Boondox; April 3rd, 2020 at 12:41 AM.

He was arrested
    That makes it even worse ... IMO

Just had a thought .... given my earlier statement about the hospitals gouging ..... I wonder................ are and what are they billing the patients for these masks?
    Hmmm............. that would be interesting
    could you imagine them giving the guy a few cents per mask .... and the hospital charging the patients insurance 50 bucks per?
    that would never happen though ....right?

Please bare in mind my location and the hospital here is infamous for it's messes
    Last edited by Boondox; April 3rd, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast