Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    6926539

    Default Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21K34F

    some will most likely cheer ...... to those I have to ask ..... where is THAT line drawn?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    Just posted about this on the NJ SS death squad thread. I think this is where the misinformation came from.

    Draw the line? Like I said in the other thread this guy is an Asshat. He was selling 1000 masks for $12,000. And since he had 192,000 masks I guess he was planning on clearing $2,304,000.

    He could have sold them at a more reasonable markup and still have made a fortune but he got too greedy. And now he is screwed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    6926539

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Just posted about this on the NJ SS death squad thread. I think this is where the misinformation came from.

    Draw the line? Like I said in the other thread this guy is an Asshat. He was selling 1000 masks for $12,000. And since he had 192,000 masks I guess he was planning on clearing $2,304,000.

    He could have sold them at a more reasonable markup and still have made a fortune but he got too greedy. And now he is screwed.
    I do not know of that thread but since you are here.
    How many could he have before it would be wrong for the gov to take his stuff and give it away?
    What if they were bullets, how many?
    Dollars?
    Food?
    Honest question ... what would your allowable numbers be before it would be considered wrong?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    2,733
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    The government is going pay him fair market value (based on pre-panic prices) for the goods they confiscated, so it is not total theft.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    21474839

    Exclamation Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]130560[/img]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    6926539

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The government is going pay him fair market value (based on pre-panic prices) for the goods they confiscated, so it is not total theft.
    Even if I wear a condom ..... I'm pretty sure it's still "total" rape if the lady still said "no"
    or at least it should be...............................

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    I think most states have price gouging laws that kick in during states of emergencies and AFAIK they have been ruled constitutional. They have been on the books for decades so if we agree with them or not doesn't matter. I don't think it was against the law for him to have all he wanted in a warehouse. But it was illegal for him to sell it at an obscenely inflated price. If they would have found out he had it and taken his stuff without him gouging it would be another story.

    He was arrested then his stuff was seized. That is different than your scenarios.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    6926539

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I think most states have price gouging laws that kick in during states of emergencies and AFAIK they have been ruled constitutional. They have been on the books for decades so if we agree with them or not doesn't matter. I don't think it was against the law for him to have all he wanted in a warehouse. But it was illegal for him to sell it at an obscenely inflated price. If they would have found out he had it and taken his stuff without him gouging it would be another story.

    He was arrested then his stuff was seized. That is different than your scenarios.
    Ok , so let's let that stand for a moment ......now I'd have to ask .... at what point in an increase of price does it become gouging?
    Is there a pie chart or something for this?
    Honest question
    No one seems to mind when the hospital gouges me ..... my word not theirs ..... for a pill or what not?
    Some may claim the hospital has overhead ..... if that makes it ok.... what was this guys overhead in obtaining and storage?
    He had to have one I am sure.

    I understand folks were buying from him ............. they must have been ok with it and thank goodness for the guy .. or those johnny come lately would have nothing perhaps?
    Last edited by Boondox; April 3rd, 2020 at 12:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    6926539

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    He was arrested
    That makes it even worse ... IMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    6926539

    Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

    Just had a thought .... given my earlier statement about the hospitals gouging ..... I wonder................ are and what are they billing the patients for these masks?
    Hmmm............. that would be interesting
    could you imagine them giving the guy a few cents per mask .... and the hospital charging the patients insurance 50 bucks per?
    that would never happen though ....right?

    Please bare in mind my location and the hospital here is infamous for it's messes
    Last edited by Boondox; April 3rd, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 19th, 2018, 05:53 PM
  2. Gun Collector/Hoarder - HELP & Advice
    By TK-007 in forum Pistols
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: January 20th, 2012, 07:53 AM
  3. Deals & Steals section
    By Kaos in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 5th, 2008, 05:06 PM
  4. TSA agent steals $200K
    By ALS in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •