Here's the next big thing: masks. More people are wearing masks now. The U.S. government is about to recommend everyone wear masks in public. Trump even said yesterday that wearing a mask is a good thing, and that a scarf or bandanna is better than nothing. I'm giving it a week - most people will be wearing face masks, and those who don't will be scorned. Businesses may require all of their customers to be masked. And then we'll start seeing fashion masks.

I'm going to try my hand at sewing some cloth masks, for the challenge of it. The web is cluttered with patterns and how-to videos. People who haven't sewn anything in years are dragging their sewing machines out. I went to Walmart to buy materials. There was a steady stream of people in the sewing department doing the same. Elastic is the new unobtanium there. I found some stretchy 7/16"-wide Avia headbands in the fitness gear section that'll make nice ear loops. I also bought a roll of Oly*fun polypropylene non-woven fabric that the Interwebz says is a decent filter media.

This lady makes it look easy. I think I can do this, even with my almost non-existent sewing skills that consist of sewing on patches and doing minor repairs.