Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: how many fudd bought ar-15 ?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    OK, I'll play nice now. the only difference between the military designated ammo 5.56mmx45 and Remington .223 isn't enough to even make note about unless you are a bolt action target shooter. All 5.56x45 chambered AR-15 rifles will accept the .223 Remington ammo and in the case of my rifle vicey versey. The case volume on thicker military cases make little difference and only the cartridge overall length will make the difference if you are shooting a bolt action .223 Remington chambered rifle. I've been reloading this ammo for over 30 years and I use the Speer and Hornady reloading manuals. The AR-15 in the picture I posted shoots the 55gr M193 the most accurately because it's a 1:9 twist although the M855(SS109) isn't that bad in this particular gun. I have Winchester 62 grain soft point reloads that I haven't tried yet so maybe they'll be just as good who knows until I can get to the range. Over and out for now.

I just remembered a saying that I'm fond of by You Tube video star Paul Harrell, "There isn't enough difference to make a difference"
    Thank you Jenn for one of the most sensible and short opinions of the "ford vs chevy" ect..ect..ect debate. I only sort my brass civvie & mil just for my own batching . But not really necessary since they all get the same recipe of 24gr of H355 under a FMJ 55gr bullet and all get shot out of any rifle I have marked 223 or 5.56 with very good accuracy, no split cases or KB's. Sure I could tune them individually, but I run these in lots of 1000 through the progressive.
    I use the same method for the Garand and the Winchester M70 Super grade, although these have a bit more QC in the single stage, but the same load regardless of brass. on occasion I will only neck size the bolt gun stuff and keep them separated

this whole debate has been discussed ad nauseum by the internet "experts"

(Carbon County)

The difference is the wall thickness. Not as obvious with the 5.56 as the 7.62 cases. Few people on this forum own .223 rifles. The trouble starts when you get a thick necked military case into a minimum chambered commercial rifle. Back when 7.62 brass was scrounged for reloading, the "Fudds" and internet experts had the sense to turn the necks on heavy brass so it would not "Choke" the bullet in the chamber. If you add up the deviation between US military specs, SAAMI specs, and CIP specs, you could get into trouble matching certain brass to a certain rifle, but the chance of it happening is probably less than hitting the lottery. It takes a really over sized chamber to cause case head separation with fairly new brass. Your best bet is to stop and THINK when something seems wrong. The thing I could never understand is people that feel something is wrong and keep firing until something bad happens!

(Berks County)

7ADB86D2-0F8D-4244-AB3C-34ED35154831.jpg

1,200 grains please ...

And before someone says it a 30rd mag of 55 gr is 1350 grains ....but 30-06 bang is bigger
    Last edited by Zeke2A; April 14th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Trying to shoot 300 blackout out of a 223?
    LOL! 10-4! Yeah, I guess that about says it. Oh well for that though! I never feel bad for the stupidity of loading the wrong caliber and paying the price. In fact, I say GOOD! One less firearm they can hurt someone else with, having an “accident”.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Nice Pair! here's my fudd rifle

20170618_145140.jpg

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Nice Pair! here's my fudd rifle

20170618_145140.jpg
    Damn that flyer!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678