Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Got Mad Elf?

(Lancaster County)

Smile Got Mad Elf?

Anybody here a drinker of Troeg's Mad Elf Ale? It's a seasonal brew that comes out around the holidays. I got two cases this morning, paid $53./ with tax. It just hit the distributers' shelves today in my area. Never thought I'd spend $50. on a case of suds, but it's good stuff. At 11% alcohol, a little goes a long way.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Got Mad Elf?

I've had it before, very good but not worth 50+ a case imho. I've had a few different beers that run 50+ a case and I haven't been able to think "wow this is worth that much".

Granted if you go to a bar and drink domestics at 2.50 + a bottle you are paying well over 50.00 a case for complete crap.

personally I'd rather sit home and enjoy a brew then be at a bar but...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Dauphin County)

I like mad elf, but i like the naked elf alot better, i think that usually comes out in july sometime. I have been drinking an American Belgium white lately called Allagash White made in Maine....AMAZING stuff also about 50.00 a case.

(Lebanon County)

Not a beer drinker myself. However....this time of year (only up until about Thanksgiving) I get Sam Adam's seasonal Octoberfest.

(York County)

Troeg's Hopback Amber Ale is my "go to " beer. I also like their Nugget Nectar. I'm not a fan of the Elf, though.