Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: School me on lever action rifles!

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Zach, a dozen or so lever actions are on auction on-line w/ Alderfers that go off in 5 days. The lever actions start with #1264, but there's sh!t ton of other cool stuff including snake guns, etc.

Anyways, here's the link: https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48887?section=items

You're in Bucks county, they're in Montgomery county - maybe an hour away?

Good luck...
    Do you find decent deals at that auction?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    That's kind of a shame. I'm not saying i would shoot it a ton, but i also want a gun i don't have to worry about. I know Henry will make it right, but that doesn't help if you actually need the gun to work right then.

-Zach
    There's a difference between shooting a ton and hard racking an action repeatedly over the course of 500 rounds. The Big Boy wasn't designed for competition. Henry never said it was. I was advised against using one for SASS, but I'm hard-headed and had to find out for myself. Truth is, SASS is hard on all lever actions. They were not made for the rigors of competition. I've had to tighten or tweak something on all of mine and my wife's leverguns at one time or another. Outside of competition, my Henry works perfectly fine for everything else I've used it for.

Henry could have told me to pound sand because the damage falls under excessive wear, which is not covered under warranty. To their credit, they fixed my hurt without a single qualm, and that makes them mighty in my eyes.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Do you find decent deals at that auction?
    Depends on whose bidding. But I'm sure that all asset prices are gonna meander to the south given current eonomic conditions.

OT: Alderfer's does have two auctions that are a day apart from each other with military-type arms on the second day. I recall seeing an HK-91 and HK-93 plus a number of magazines. There's also a .50 cal Barrett , lots of .50 cal rounds including Raufoss just in case you need to jump-start something...check out the web-site for the auction on day 2.
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Depends on whose bidding. But I'm sure that all asset prices are gonna meander to the south given current eonomic conditions.

OT: Alderfer's does have two auctions that are a day apart from each other with military-type arms on the second day. I recall seeing an HK-91 and HK-93 plus a number of magazines. There's also a .50 cal Barrett , lots of .50 cal rounds including Raufoss just in case you need to jump-start something...check out the web-site for the auction on day 2.
    So much good stuff in those two auctions. I kinda want to bid on that mounted bear. Mrs. Ronin would be so pissed if I came home with something like that...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    So much good stuff in those two auctions. I kinda want to bid on that mounted bear. Mrs. Ronin would be so pissed if I came home with something like that...
    Then just get the turkey.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I can't think of a commonly sold brand of lever gun that anyone would have to be concerned with avoiding due to crap quality.
    Especially a plinker.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

The only time I had a lever action malfunction when hunting was with a Marlin 45/70. I bought it new back in the early 70's when they reintroduced them. I was out deer hunting and it was snowing BAD. I'm talking huge chunks coming down. We walked around and had piles of snow on us, saw deer and the same thing, could not tell if it was a buck with the snow on them. Anyway, at the end of the day the action was frozen shut. I had to fire off a round to open it. I suppose it could have happened to any rifle, probably more so with a bolt action.

For what its worth, picked up a Henry Big Boy .357 to complement my Colt Trooper MKIII in .357. Both fun to shoot and serve as back up SHTF firearms! LOL
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    For what its worth, picked up a Henry Big Boy .357 to complement my Colt Trooper MKIII in .357. Both fun to shoot and serve as back up SHTF firearms! LOL
    Is that the 34th or 35th back up, to your back up?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    I've want to get a 357 lever to complement my revilers.

I do have a 44mag in lever and a few 44 magnum revolvers.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast