Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: What’s everyones carry gun and holster

Glock 19 with an RMR or a 43X. I use Bravo Concealment IWB/OWB holsters for both depending on what I'm wearing.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

(Lehigh County)

XDM .45ACP with Streamlight TLR-3 in a OWB Raven Concealment Phantom LC holster and at least 1 extra 13 round mag. My go to EDC for atleast 5 years. I did recently add an 10.5 inch AR pistol build to my vehicle cause of the current "pandemic" since I work in medical manufacturing "essential employee" and drive through some bad areas everyday.
    Last edited by osyrus20266; April 11th, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

(Montgomery County)

S&W M64 in a Gould & Goodrich holster. If I need more than 6 I should not be there! Dave_N

HK P2000SK in a SOB IWB Desantis holster. I barely know it’s there when I am out and about. I usually remove it for extended drives of course. But otherwise I don’t even mind driving with it for short distances. Since this whole covid thing started, I am also wearing a Sig238 on my ankle (just extra piece of mind). Jeans cover it well. Extra mags for both in the back pocket.

(Philadelphia County)

I alternate depending on what I'm wearing.

Sweats or PT shorts a Glock 43 in a Concealment express IWB or a very old (but still good) DeSantis fanny.

FOR
    Real people clothes I have been attached to my P99 in a Gearcraft IWB. Single mag in a carrier by Gearcraft as well.

(Centre County)

I carry a variety of different guns, depending on how I dress, where I am going and how I feel. In order of most frequent:

CZ P-01, ANR Designs IWB holster or Winthrop OWB holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    S&W Shield 45, Concealment Express IWB Holster, Underwood 45acp +p Xtreme Defender 120gr
    Glock 43, Concealment Express IWB holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    Remington RM 380, galco pocket holster or bugbite ankle hoster, Underwood 380acp Xtreme Defender
    Sig p320, ANR Designs IWB holster or Winthrop OWB holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    Sig p229, Winthrop OWB holster, Federal HST 180gr
    Colt 1911, 1791 OWB Holster, Federal HST 230gr
    Beretta 92fs, Concealment Express IWB holster or Concealment express OWB Paddle holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    Colt Detective Special, DeSantis OWB holster, Gold Dot 38spl +p 135gr

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glass3222 View Post
    I carry a variety of different guns, depending on how I dress, where I am going and how I feel. In order of most frequent:

CZ P-01, ANR Designs IWB holster or Winthrop OWB holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    S&W Shield 45, Concealment Express IWB Holster, Underwood 45acp +p Xtreme Defender 120gr
    Glock 43, Concealment Express IWB holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    Remington RM 380, galco pocket holster or bugbite ankle hoster, Underwood 380acp Xtreme Defender
    Sig p320, ANR Designs IWB holster or Winthrop OWB holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    Sig p229, Winthrop OWB holster, Federal HST 180gr
    Colt 1911, 1791 OWB Holster, Federal HST 230gr
    Beretta 92fs, Concealment Express IWB holster or Concealment express OWB Paddle holster, Underwood 9mm+p Xtreme Defender 90gr
    Colt Detective Special, DeSantis OWB holster, Gold Dot 38spl +p 135gr
    Forgot your Walther PPK, when you report to the BSS to get your top secret assignment from Q.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    This is actually the 2nd PF9 I've had. When I got the first one, I had significant FTF issues. I gave away one box of defense ammo to someone else who had a 9mm because it wouldn't cycle even one round of it without an issue. When I got this one, I polished the feed ramp with a Dremel until it was mirror shiny.

Started experimenting with different types of ammo, and went with Underwood Extreme Defender 90gr +P+, though American Gunner 124gr +P also works and I keep it in the backup mag. It's expensive, but I put several boxes through without a hitch before settling in on these two. I'm not recommending either of these for you, you have to find what works best in your gun.

As an aside, I've had absolutely no problems with FMJ in rapid fire and on-the-move situations. If I had no other options, I would carry the FMJs. Frankly, the PF9 isn't a "stand and fight" gun in my opinion. It's more of a noise-and-distraction weapon to give you time to bail, though it should do the job up close if you have no other options.

PM me if you have any other questions. Glad to help.
    I'm glad you found the combination that works for you. I had an LC9, the Ruger updated copy of the PF9, it was okay but I hated the trigger. It was gone the same week I bought it. I would have sold that PF9 for a Shield long before finding the magic ammo that worked with it. Shield is also a fantastic value but has a lot more reliable track record as I'm sure most of us know...

With my Glocks, they feed everything. Ammo selection is more of "what's available in bulk and where does it generally land on the target" as POI can shift with various ammuntion.

(Chester County)

Still waitng delivery on the new Alien ankle rig so for now just the Shield in Nemesis. After I get the ankle rig I will add my M&P 40C on the hip in a paddle or slide.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Still waitng delivery on the new Alien ankle rig so for now just the Shield in Nemesis. After I get the ankle rig I will add my M&P 40C on the hip in a paddle or slide.
    Oh, and HST's in both. +P in Shield and 180gr in 40c. Proven ammo beyond a doubt.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast