Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: What’s everyones carry gun and holster

When we were in PA, I carried a Glock 31 (357 Sig) with the pistol grip cut to G32 specs in a leather OWB. Either Underwood 125 Bonded JHP or Underwood Extreme Defender.

Now in FL, it's a Kel-Tec PF9 IWB with a belt clip.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    When we were in PA, I carried a Glock 31 (357 Sig) with the pistol grip cut to G32 specs in a leather OWB. Either Underwood 125 Bonded JHP or Underwood Extreme Defender.

Now in FL, it's a Kel-Tec PF9 IWB with a belt clip.
    I have a PF9 and like the size of it, but had constant FTE issues. Have you experienced that at all? I've come to not be able to depend on it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    I have a PF9 and like the size of it, but had constant FTE issues. Have you experienced that at all? I've come to not be able to depend on it whatsoever.
    This is actually the 2nd PF9 I've had. When I got the first one, I had significant FTF issues. I gave away one box of defense ammo to someone else who had a 9mm because it wouldn't cycle even one round of it without an issue. When I got this one, I polished the feed ramp with a Dremel until it was mirror shiny.

Started experimenting with different types of ammo, and went with Underwood Extreme Defender 90gr +P+, though American Gunner 124gr +P also works and I keep it in the backup mag. It's expensive, but I put several boxes through without a hitch before settling in on these two. I'm not recommending either of these for you, you have to find what works best in your gun.

As an aside, I've had absolutely no problems with FMJ in rapid fire and on-the-move situations. If I had no other options, I would carry the FMJs. Frankly, the PF9 isn't a "stand and fight" gun in my opinion. It's more of a noise-and-distraction weapon to give you time to bail, though it should do the job up close if you have no other options.

PM me if you have any other questions. Glad to help.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    This is actually the 2nd PF9 I've had. When I got the first one, I had significant FTF issues. I gave away one box of defense ammo to someone else who had a 9mm because it wouldn't cycle even one round of it without an issue. When I got this one, I polished the feed ramp with a Dremel until it was mirror shiny.

Started experimenting with different types of ammo, and went with Underwood Extreme Defender 90gr +P+, though American Gunner 124gr +P also works and I keep it in the backup mag. It's expensive, but I put several boxes through without a hitch before settling in on these two. I'm not recommending either of these for you, you have to find what works best in your gun.

As an aside, I've had absolutely no problems with FMJ in rapid fire and on-the-move situations. If I had no other options, I would carry the FMJs. Frankly, the PF9 isn't a "stand and fight" gun in my opinion. It's more of a noise-and-distraction weapon to give you time to bail, though it should do the job up close if you have no other options.

PM me if you have any other questions. Glad to help.
    I'm very glad to hear you got yours to work. I think it's a great budget gun and it's super easy to conceal - I'd rather have that than nothing in a pinch. Maybe with all this extra time on my hands I can take mine apart and start doing some work on it.

(Lehigh County)

Once I get a custom holster made for it, my new daily carry will be a CZ Shadow 2. Until then I'm running with a Beretta PX-4 Storm full size in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

(Delaware County)

S&W M38 Airweight Bodyguard in a Mika pocket holster.

(Berks County)

I never post but what the hell. Been sitting at home more than ever lately.

S&W Shield 9mm loaded with HST in a (Spencer) Keepers Concealment Errand AIWB holster. Insanely comfortable for me, personally.

(Chester County)

Glock 19 - RCS Hackathorn

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rexdriver85 View Post
    I never post but what the hell. Been sitting at home more than ever lately.

S&W Shield 9mm loaded with HST in a (Spencer) Keepers Concealment Errand AIWB holster. Insanely comfortable for me, personally.
    Sweet set up. I think the Shield is too underrated. Quite possibly America's pistol for how many they have sold.

(Montgomery County)

Wilson Combat X-TAC Elite Carry Comp Professional 9mm in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast