Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LC9 with m carbo spring?

Has anyone tried the m carbo spring kit for the Ruger LC9? I love everything about the gun except the trigger. This seems like a decent option, but I would love to hear from someone who has experienced it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: LC9 with m carbo spring?

M-CARBO has a discussion forum at https://forum.mcarbo.com/. I think there have been references to the LC9 spring kit, all good. Since I don't have a LC9 I haven't paid close attention to the threads on the subject. I have M-CARBO's trigger kits in both my Mossberg 500 and CZ Scorpion carbine. Both work as advertised!

Note that their forum software is very different as compared to most other discussion sites!

(Chester County)

I put an M-Carbo trigger spring kit in my Savage axis .223 bolt gun and it made a world of difference on trigger pull weight and travel. For about $20 shipped, I think it has been a very good investment.

I don't modify any of my carry guns, other than sights, just in case I am forced to use it. Any mods made be fodder for some overzealous prosecutor. Find a pistol that you are comfortable and accurate with straight from the factory, best bet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    sell it and buy a LC9s ……
    I know that's a crappy piece of advise you didn't come here for … sorry
    I like the older LC9 hammer fired pistol.
    but I am used to that sort of thing
    Believe me, it’s in the back of my mind.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Believe me, it’s in the back of my mind.
    I'm not familiar with the kit so apologies, but the LC9s is so cheap nowadays it was going to be my suggestion as well. Or you could keep the LC9 as a beater gun and purchase an additional LC9s.

The LC9sPro isn't my favorite carry nowadays (I shoot a Shield better) but for the $200 I'd get for it, I'm just holding onto it. You may find yourself in a similar situation with the LC9.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I'm not familiar with the kit so apologies, but the LC9s is so cheap nowadays it was going to be my suggestion as well. Or you could keep the LC9 as a beater gun and purchase an additional LC9s.

The LC9sPro isn't my favorite carry nowadays (I shoot a Shield better) but for the $200 I'd get for it, I'm just holding onto it. You may find yourself in a similar situation with the LC9.
    I would probably buy the LC9S Pro if I were to dump the LC9. It just doesn't seem like it is worth the hassle at the end of the day, so I will probably do the same and just keep it, unless a trade deal would work out somehow. I guess for $20, the spring kit is worth a shot to improve the trigger.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    The resell is low enough on the LC9 ... and it's a decent pistol to just put away someplace ... that it probably is worth keeping it
    but thats just my out look on it....you wont replace it for what you'd get out of it I think
    However ...... should the price including transfer be what I consider appropriate ..... I could be a possible buyer.
    I understand we may be far apart ...... and I'd be not inclined to travel far .,....... mainly because I'd only be somewhat interested
    and you'd do well to sell to someone else closer , etc in all honesty............ but just tossing that out there
    Thanks! I’ll get in touch with you if I decide I want to go that route.