Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: No Police.......so what.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The policy would have leaked eventually. None of us want to see more crime.
    I’m not sure that can honestly be said about a lot of California’s cops. They haven’t been responding or prosecuting car break-ins for years.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I’m not sure that can honestly be said about a lot of California’s cops. They haven’t been responding or prosecuting car break-ins for years.
    By their own doing or department/district attorney policy ?

(Lancaster County)

I'd say both being complicit because one or the other is not doing their job instead of taking action is equally bad.

(Dauphin County)

The policy would have leaked eventually. None of us want to see more crime.
    This is a serious question, not intended as a "gotcha". Has your workload increased related to coronavirus? If so, in what way? What are you, or other police officers, doing more of, directly related to the coronavirus, and/or mandatory non-essential business shutdowns and "stay home" orders?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    For the police to institute such a policy is bad enough, but to announce it... for fucks sake, what did they think would happen? It's either pure idiocy, or they are complicit in knowingly provoking crime.
    It's really not the police, it's the result of crazy leftist Dimocrat politicians and DA's demanding these kind of of policices.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    For the police to institute such a policy is bad enough, but to announce it... for fucks sake, what did they think would happen? It's either pure idiocy, or they are complicit in knowingly provoking crime.
    It is pure policy. It is Democrat Party wealth redistribution. For example in San Fran, everyone gets $900 of free merchandise with every "shopping trip". Police do not respond. If the "shopper" is unlucky, the shopper gets a ticket. I thought I recall Krasner doing this in Philly with the free merch set at $750. Don't know if it was implemented but I thought he proposed it early on.

Who pays for this welfare? Initially insurance companies, but thereafter it is the law-abiding citizen who pays in higher insurance premiums across the board and higher prices at the store by merchants who have to cover the cost of shrinkage (retail buzzword for shoplifting and other theft).

It is policy. Just the same as the Philly Police Chief's new policy of not jailing persons involved in vandalism, theft and burglary. Those are the hallmarks of looting. Green light for looting. How is that not policy? It was done on purpose.

(Juniata County)

Given the rampant corruption & routine abuse in cali?

I don't think it is very easy to draw a line between the two.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Centre County)

If the store personnel see this happening maybe it's time to turn off the security cameras and lock the doors and do what justice is needed.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    This is a serious question, not intended as a "gotcha". Has your workload increased related to coronavirus? If so, in what way? What are you, or other police officers, doing more of, directly related to the coronavirus, and/or mandatory non-essential business shutdowns and "stay home" orders?
    The normal calls for service has gone way down. People are not calling about BS. Necessary interviews are done over the phone. There is a SOP in place on how to respond to certain calls, whether it is to simply keep a distance, wear gloves and face mask or to call for special teams that would wear much more protective gear.

We are starting to see some cops, firefighters and EMS come back positive. Those numbers are expected to rise.

Most crime has dropped significantly. The radio has been unbelievably quiet. Shootings and stabbings are continuing though, along with a daily homicide or two. Commercial burglaries are prevalent, obviously due to the fact that the buildings are not open or occupied.

I liken it to a blizzard right now. Very few people are out and about and things are quiet, but that may change in about a week.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Given the rampant corruption & routine abuse in cali?

I don't think it is very easy to draw a line between the two.
    California is a big state. I have read about issues with certain police departments, but to paint every department with the same brush is incorrect.

Whether a department has other issues, I don't see how that correlates to a DA's or departments guidelines on crimes. If a DA states they are not going to prosecute any amount a marijuana possession or any prostitution activity, why would officers continue to make arrests for those incidents, corrupt/brutal or not?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast