Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Gunstore NOT doing person to person transfers

I want to get the boards take on this. I've called a few gun stores in my area to ask if they could do person to person transfers during this time. Targetmaster and Delias in Philadelphia have outright said no. To me this wrong. I thought one of the duties of having the so called kings blessing of an FFL was to handle private transfers. Seems wrong that during this time they choose to cherry pick which business they want to take on and in essence deny the 2nd amendment avenue for some folks to buy a gun. What if a neighbor is selling a pistol dirt cheap to help someone out during this crisis because said buyer cant pay retail in the store. That person now goes without because these a-holes are deciding that perhaps private stuff isnt worth the hassle at the moment. They are the legal avenue we are afforded so we can steer clear of legal trouble. Seems to me that after this mess calms down, other avenues need to be implemented so these people dont have a monopoly on deciding when and if people can arm themselves. ALL private transfers should be legal WITHOUT an FFL since they want to act this way.

BTW, yes I know long guns can be done privately. However, sometimes you still may want to be sure of someone and use an FFL for a transfer.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gunstore NOT doing person to person transfers

I don't believe that there is any requirement at any point in time for any FFL to do FTF transfers. It's a service that they can offer, but they're not required by any law to do so.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

You could always get an FFL.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Aggies, way ahead of you. I started that process a few months ago and stalled out getting sidetracked with other things. Im back on that goal with more energy now.

Quote Originally Posted by dadams831 View Post
    I want to get the boards take on this. I've called a few gun stores in my area to ask if they could do person to person transfers during this time. Targetmaster and Delias in Philadelphia have outright said no. To me this wrong. I thought one of the duties of having the so called kings blessing of an FFL was to handle private transfers. Seems wrong that during this time they choose to cherry pick which business they want to take on and in essence deny the 2nd amendment avenue for some folks to buy a gun. What if a neighbor is selling a pistol dirt cheap to help someone out during this crisis because said buyer cant pay retail in the store. That person now goes without because these a-holes are deciding that perhaps private stuff isnt worth the hassle at the moment. They are the legal avenue we are afforded so we can steer clear of legal trouble. Seems to me that after this mess calms down, other avenues need to be implemented so these people dont have a monopoly on deciding when and if people can arm themselves. ALL private transfers should be legal WITHOUT an FFL since they want to act this way.

BTW, yes I know long guns can be done privately. However, sometimes you still may want to be sure of someone and use an FFL for a transfer.
    It would be nice if they did the transfers but they have to decide how to run their business in this current environment to survive. If this is what they think is important so be it. Personally I would remember this in the future and not give them business in the future. If they aren’t there for you now you don’t need to support them in the future. Maybe send a letter voicing your decision.

I agree all private transfers should be legal without an ffl. A lot of states do this.

Two ffls to look into if you have not found one. I have dealt with both and found them to be good guys although I have not bought a gun since the craziness started.

http://www.thethinbluelinefirearms.com/

https://donaldeastburnffl.com/

(Delaware County)

Internet troll. Thank you for the info. I definitely will not forget.

(York County)

Your sheriff has the capability to do a transfer. Unfortunately most refuse, but call and ask.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lehigh County)

Isn't Camerons in Oxford doing transfers out your way? There are also smaller FFLs listed on some of the on line lists.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dadams831 View Post

Yeah, no. Me being an FFL does not create any duty whatsoever for me to serve you.

However, fair being fair, it also does not create any duty for you to give me your business. With your entitlement attitude, that would be preferable anyway.
    Last edited by free; April 6th, 2020 at 10:36 PM.

Here is an ffl locater for Pa. enter your zip code to hopefully find one near you. A lot of ffls work out of their basements.

http://fflgundealers.net/transfer/pennsylvania/

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast