Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Exodus....

(Delaware County)

Default Re: NYC Exodus....

NY people are in panic mode. What did you expect ? You pocono folks sound like my Florida natives. “Snowbirds suck.....go home”. Which is all good but those “Undesirables” spend money and help the tax base.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    NY people are in panic mode. What did you expect ? You pocono folks sound like my Florida natives. “Snowbirds suck.....go home”. Which is all good but those “Undesirables” spend money and help the tax base.
    They are a two edged sword!
    My Dad told me that Everything has an "A" side and a "B" side.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Just heard a discussion on News Max where they were discussing a possible shortage of Meat and other food products as out of state truckers do not now want to enter NYC...…..
    After the BS of towing their trucks and such I would let them fend for their own food !

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cant say I blame them for leaving however infected travelers from ground zero are just going to draw this out even longer. The fact that this point has gone ignored or unspoken by the media is ridiculous.

(Berks County)

Keep 'em out of here!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Carbon County)

Rhode Island Police to Hunt Down New Yorkers Seeking Refuge

Cars stopped, homes to be checked to enforce quarantines

Officers halt cars on the interstate to start the crackdown

Rhode Island police began stopping cars with New York plates Friday. On Saturday, the National Guard will help them conduct house-to-house searches to find people who traveled from New York and demand 14 days of self-quarantine.

“Right now we have a pinpointed risk,” Governor Gina Raimondo said. “That risk is called New York City.”

New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., on Friday reporting a total of 44,000 cases.

Rhode Island has just over 200, and it has begun an aggressive campaign to keep the virus out and New Yorkers contained, over objections from civil liberties advocates.

Raimondo, a Democrat, said she had consulted lawyers and said while she couldn’t close the border, she felt confident she could enforce a quarantine.

Seaside Retreat
    Many New Yorkers have summer houses in Rhode Island, especially in tony Newport, and the governor said the authorities would be checking there.

“Yesterday I announced and today I reiterated: Anyone coming to Rhode Island in any way from New York must be quarantined,” the governor said. “By order. Will be enforced. Enforceable by law.”

Raimondo signed an executive order Thursday that applies to anyone who has been in New York during the past two weeks and through at least April 25. It doesn’t apply to public health, public safety, or health-care workers.

White House Calls For 14-Day Quarantine For All Leaving New York

National Guard members will be stationed at the T.F. Green airport, Amtrak train stations and at bus stops. The citizen-soldiers will be following up with people at local residences. The maximum penalty for not complying: a fine of $500 and 90 days in prison.

The local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union blasted the new rules, objecting to the collection of motorists’ contact information in particular.

“While the Governor may have the power to suspend some state laws and regulations to address this medical emergency, she cannot suspend the Constitution,” Rhode Island ACLU executive director Steven Brown said in a statement. “Under the Fourth Amendment, having a New York state license plate simply does not, and cannot, constitute ‘probable cause’ to allow police to stop a car and interrogate the driver, no matter how laudable the goal of the stop may be.”

Police Stops
    Just before 1 p.m. Friday, state police were set up on Interstate 95 northbound, at the rest stop closest to the Connecticut border. A mile or two before that, motorists could see signs ordering all New York passenger vehicles to pull over at the rest stop.

One trooper could be seen there, checking license plates as cars went by. At the stop itself, a number of officers were assembled around a tent, ready to question vehicle occupants.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...seeking-refuge
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So despite being told to stay at home by their Governor and Mayor, NYC metropolitan area residents are getting out of dodge and heading to other states. Residents of these other states are not too happy.
    Should be some interesting blowback eventually. Right now all travelers to these other states are being told they must quarantine for 14 days. So they must stay in their rental or hotel room. How many will do it? We're hearing the Poconos are being inundated and the small local food stores are struggling......
    the governer did carve out an exemption from our stay at home order... for OUT OF STATE PEOPLE TO RETURN TO THEIR HOME STATE.
    that being said, i can't reconize a good portion of the OOS plates, they are coming out of the woodwork from damn near everywhere.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    the governer did carve out an exemption from our stay at home order... for OUT OF STATE PEOPLE TO RETURN TO THEIR HOME STATE.
    that being said, i can't reconize a good portion of the OOS plates, they are coming out of the woodwork from damn near everywhere.
    Does that go for ''Out of Country'' people too?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Wayne County)

Lots of NY, NJ, Mass and Conneticut plates past few days...
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Cant say I blame them for leaving however infected travelers from ground zero are just going to draw this out even longer. The fact that this point has gone ignored or unspoken by the media is ridiculous.
    For sure, they need to stay home for the good of everyone !!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast