Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: NYC Exodus....

Default Re: NYC Exodus....

Quote Originally Posted by Beway15 View Post
    So I can’t evict renters from my long term rentals and now the state won’t let me make money on short term rentals? I have tried to find some relief for landlords but we seem to be getting screwed left and right.
    Pretty much like everyone else.

We were screwed the second those Trillion dollar packages were passed .
    That sucking sound you heard when the stock market bailout occurred ?
    Yea that double padded the Billionaires pockets , market then crashed harder.
    The 2nd Trillion dollar plus bailout . Well the Peasants only saw 350 million of that
    {well they still waiting for their checks} Rest padding billion dollar corporations pockets
    while still laying off their staff .
    What good did any of the bailouts/stimulus do ?
    Since this is a financial crisis what needs to happen is a hard freeze on all of the mortgages in the country .
    Since the banks control the world if they don't want to see their world burned to the ground they should mark as
    paid every mortgage payment due each month this lockdown goes on .
    And no repayment back of said mortgage payments .
    I mean hey they must have an an insurance plan to cover that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by chewsAside View Post
    We were screwed the second those Trillion dollar packages were passed .
    That sucking sound you heard when the stock market bailout occurred ?
    Yea that double padded the Billionaires pockets , market then crashed harder.
    The 2nd Trillion dollar plus bailout . Well the Peasants only saw 350 million of that
    {well they still waiting for their checks} Rest padding billion dollar corporations pockets
    while still laying off their staff .
    What good did any of the bailouts/stimulus do ?
    Since this is a financial crisis what needs to happen is a hard freeze on all of the mortgages in the country .
    Since the banks control the world if they don't want to see their world burned to the ground they should mark as
    paid every mortgage payment due each month this lockdown goes on .
    And no repayment back of said mortgage payments .
    I mean hey they must have an an insurance plan to cover that right ?
    isn't the 350m we are getting just coming from our future returns and not as an additional taxation but actually as an advanced loan of our own "yet to be paid" stolen money?
    reminds me of the gag where you make change and they hand you the change and you hand them whatever and they hand you the other and eventually in the end you are holding two pennies and they have everything.
    sorry i couldn't explain the skit better. i think it was from looney toons
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Wayne County)

I posted this elsewhere, but thought it appropriate here as well.

I was talking to a buddy who works for the state yesterday. During a work briefing he had heard that Pike County Emergency Management was estimating that the influx of people from neighboring states increased the population of Pike Co by over 30,000 people. It would be interesting to see how Moneoe and Wayne were impacted. Pike's populatiin as of 2018 was just under 56K.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Carbon County)

Today at 1 p.m. (4/3/20) this is gouldsboro truck stop tour buses from New York bringing all those contaminated bastards here every damn day. And we have to stay home and not work to prevent this disease. Tom Wolf what the fuck!!!!!!!

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, but thought it appropriate here as well.

I was talking to a buddy who works for the state yesterday. During a work briefing he had heard that Pike County Emergency Management was estimating that the influx of people from neighboring states increased the population of Pike Co by over 30,000 people. It would be interesting to see how Moneoe and Wayne were impacted. Pike's populatiin as of 2018 was just under 56K.
    Was this influx of people solely due to the virus or transplants that moved here permanently over time?

I’m wondering what the long term effects of this will do to NY’ers. Will they suddenly see the light again like after 9-11 and move out of the city to NEPA then 12 months later decided to leave and tank the housing market up here again with foreclosures, over inflated taxes, and tons of schools sitting empty.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Was this influx of people solely due to the virus or transplants that moved here permanently over time?

I’m wondering what the long term effects of this will do to NY’ers. Will they suddenly see the light again like after 9-11 and move out of the city to NEPA then 12 months later decided to leave and tank the housing market up here again with foreclosures, over inflated taxes, and tons of new schools sitting empty.
    This is just people with somewhere to go bugging out to our area in the near term.

I was just talking to my wife about this this morning. We can expect a HUGE influx of people moving out of NYC in the 2-3 years folllwing whenever restrictions on movement and businesses let up. We saw it big time after 9/11, but this is going to make that look small. It will !ast for 5-10 years, then people will realize that it is economically unmanagable to maintain a permanenet home here and work there. They wil! then move back. 5-6 hours of commuting and bad winter roads are tough to contend with. Then gas went to $4.25/gallon. That year, Pocono Mountain school district lost over 500 kids in one year.

But, people have to learn for themselves. Be prepared for the housing market to go totally nuts for a few years.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

I’m wondering what the long term effects of this will do to NY’ers. Will they suddenly see the light again like after 9-11 and move out of the city to NEPA then 12 months later decided to leave and tank the housing market up here again with foreclosures, over inflated taxes, and tons of schools sitting empty.
    I was thinking something similar. That is what finally made me pull up stakes back in '03

(Carbon County)

The Influx of NYers started in the 90's because Pocono home builders were advertising in NY for low prices homes and low taxes.

a large percentage of them still commute to NY for work

the low taxes are gone. when I built my home in saylorsburg in 1986 my taxes all in were $1,100

today that same home the taxes are just shy of 10k which is mostly school tax because of the NY influx
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

All makes sense. Makes westward ho a better idea ha ha!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast