Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default I can't believe I just read that...

I was in a debate with a liberal on another forum... we were in a debate about American values in which I said:

I'm sick and tired of the left trying to circumnavigate the Constitution and Bill of Rights as a minor annoyance. If you want it changed there is a way to do it, the left knows it won't work because the public won't go for it so they go around the back door and do it legislatively and though the courts. It's sad really.
    She then asked me what American values were in my mind. Fair enough... so I posted the Bill of rights. No more, no less... to which she responded and I quote:

those aren't "values". In your own words, what constitutes "American values"

That sentence really speaks VOLUMES about the left.

(Berks County)

Default Re: I can't believe I just read that...

Bottom line is that if you can't think for yourself, you can't possibly understand what values truly are. I feel rather sorry for her but sorrier for the rest of us. She is a product of our education system and it only moves further and further left as each years passes.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Clarion County)

I hate to admit this but I also need a copy of the constitution.I've become so out of touch chaseing the mighty dollar so many years that I sometimes form opinions that aren't well founded,a victim of the media I suppose.Even my basic grammer skills have become an embarasment.I'll apologize for the spelling,punctuation,and vocabulary.
    As far as the fear of guns,I think it can be changed,but only if we stand our ground and become open and public,I'm not a big fan of open carry because I like the art of surprise,but it does nothing for our cause.I got some catching up to do,and I,ll start today.
    As far as values go,all a person needs,do unto others as you would have them do unto you,man-up to your responsibilities,take care of the peolpe you love,and all-ways carrie and extra +p 230 grn..45 mgazine!

(Lawrence County)

Exhibit number 1. ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    a product of our education system
    I'm not bashing you here... I'm only stating a point, if anything, i'm bashing the school you went to for not educating you properly!

I have a couple of people in my family now that can't speak proper english, let alone spell it. I myself am no scholar, but i know enough to sound half way educated. My brother-in-law is just the least "book-smart" person I've ever met. How many people in the United States have a spelling skill above the fourth grade?

We need to take a SERIOUS look at our school systems and find out what we need to do to better educate our children! That way we make sure to take care of our futures!
    Last edited by Bmarshall91; October 22nd, 2008 at 11:56 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I was in a debate with a liberal on another forum... we were in a debate about American values in which I said:

She then asked me what American values were in my mind. Fair enough... so I posted the Bill of rights. No more, no less... to which she responded and I quote:

That sentence really speaks VOLUMES about the left.

Those are rights. I`m guessing she wants to hear from you your values because you can`t speak for all Americans. You could tell her what you perceive as American values.
    The question she asked isn`t really liberal or conservative.