Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 86 of 113 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

The TSA has been looking for ways to expand their power for a long time:

TSA Suggests Fines Up to $1,500 for Mask Violations
    By Brian Trusdell - 05 February 2021

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ts.../05/id/1008880

The Transportation Security Administration is suggesting fines up to $1,500 for passengers and individuals who repeatedly violate its nearly week-old requirement that masks be worn on commercial aircraft and in airports.

"TSA will recommend a fine ranging from $250 for the first offense up to $1,500 for repeat offenders," the agency said Friday on its website. "Based on substantial aggravating or mitigating factors, TSA may seek a sanction amount that falls outside these ranges."

The TSA began requiring masks on Tuesday "at … airport screening checkpoints and throughout the commercial and public transportation systems."

That came after President Joe Biden signed an executive order on Jan. 21 requiring federal governmental authorities to impose regulations making masks mandatory on public transportation. The order remains in effect until at least May 11.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention subsequently decreed face masks be worn while travelers are at transportation hubs and on trains, buses and planes.

TSA to fine mask violators up to $1,500
    By Cameron Jenkins - 02/05/21 02:21 PM EST

https://thehill.com/policy/transport...ors-up-to-1500

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has recommended a fine of $250, increasing to up to $1,500, for repeated violations of its recently released federal transportation face mask requirement.

"Based on substantial aggravating or mitigating factors, TSA may seek a sanction amount that falls outside these ranges," the agency wrote in a Friday update.

On Sunday, TSA was authorized to fine passengers who fail to comply with the new mask requirements on public transportation systems.

"This will help prevent further spread of COVID-19 and encourage a unified government response," Darby LaJoye, a senior TSA official who is performing the duties of the agency head, said at the time. "As we continue to experience impacts from this pandemic, we are committed to this measure as the right thing to do for the TSA workforce, for our industry stakeholders and for passengers."

President Biden enacted an executive order on Jan. 21 requiring federal agencies to take immediate action making masks mandatory on public transportation, after which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued guidance requiring face masks to be worn while travelers are at transportation hubs and conveyances.

The new requirements ask that travelers taking any public transportation keep their face coverings on while going through airport checkpoints, bus and rail stations, and while traveling on passenger aircraft, public transportation, passenger railroads and buses. The rules extend through May.

In addition to the penalties recommended by TSA, public transportation operators may also impose their own, according to CNN.

Say it isn't so. Lets hear from the trump haters

Allentown gun show was a sea of mask wearing patrons (not vendors though)...walking in the door they told me that I had to wear one because they were being inspected for compliance today by the state gestapo of health.

I refused and he handed me a mask anyhow and told me to wear it off my nose so I can breathe. Their reasoning? Apparently now governor wolf is not allowing the medical exemption to masking... I was told today that since I am exempt and can’t wear a mask, according to Herr wolf I should just stay home...

It’s getting fucking old.

Allentown gun show was a sea of mask wearing patrons (not vendors though)...walking in the door they told me that I had to wear one because they were being inspected for compliance today by the state gestapo of health. And that their shows have been getting shut down because of noncompliance (yea, ok...that’s really the reason a gun show is being shut down by an anti gun democratic government).

I refused and he handed me a mask anyhow and told me to wear it off my nose so I can breathe. Their reasoning? Apparently now governor wolf is not allowing the medical exemption to masking... I was told today that since I am exempt and can’t wear a mask, according to Herr wolf I should just stay home...

It’s getting fucking old.

(Cambria County)

Executive orders are not law.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Allentown gun show was a sea of mask wearing patrons (not vendors though)...walking in the door they told me that I had to wear one because they were being inspected for compliance today by the state gestapo of health. And that their shows have been getting shut down because of noncompliance (yea, ok...that*s really the reason a gun show is being shut down by an anti gun democratic government).

I refused and he handed me a mask anyhow and told me to wear it off my nose so I can breathe. Their reasoning? Apparently now governor wolf is not allowing the medical exemption to masking... I was told today that since I am exempt and can*t wear a mask, according to Herr wolf I should just stay home...

It*s getting fucking old.
    The only problem is the taxpayer foots the bill when dickhead wolf gets sued for violating the ADA.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    The only problem is the taxpayer foots the bill when dickhead wolf gets sued for violating the ADA.
    A couple of things, as was said, this is not a !aw so by not wearing a mask, you would apparently be fined for not breaking a law, how does that work?
    How does the TSA have any authority to cite and fine anyone? The TSA are not commissioned law envforcement officers.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    A couple of things, as was said, this is not a !aw so by not wearing a mask, you would apparently be fined for not breaking a law, how does that work?
    How does the TSA have any authority to cite and fine anyone? The TSA are not commissioned law envforcement officers.
    Thats why I posted taxpayers footing the bill, i.e. defendant winning in court.
    But try telling that to the establishment owner that there are no LAWS mandating
    mask wearing, social distancing. etc.

(York County)

The Lying Will Continue - Until People Refuse To Be Used As Pawns!

The left have twisted real common sense actions regarding the real Coronavirus into political gamesmanship by creating a public death panic to demonstrate that PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO OBEY THE MANDATES. They will continue to impose all types of mandates, using the Coronavirus as a cover for their lust for power.

Fauci: Masks needed until 'level of virus is so low it's not a threat at all'
    By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 9, 2021
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...us-is-so-low-/

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Monday that people will have to wear face masks to protect against the coronavirus until it's no longer considered a threat, and that there's "no guarantee" that will happen before late fall of this year.

During an appearance on Fox News, Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the White House coronavirus response team, was asked by host Bret Baier when people will be able to attend events like Sunday night's Super Bowl without having to wear masks.

"That will really be dependent upon how we get the level of virus in the community down," Dr. Fauci responded. "If we can get * and I have used this as an estimate, it's not definitive * that if we can get 70 to 85 percent of the population vaccinated and get to what we would hope would be to a degree of herd immunity, which really is an umbrella or a veil of protection against the community where the level of virus is so low it's not a threat at all, then at that point, you can start thinking in terms of not having to have a uniform wearing of masks.

"But we're certainly not near there yet," he added. "When do I think that would occur? You know, it's very difficult to predict, Bret, but if everything falls into the right place and we get this under control, it is conceivable that you might be able to pull back a bit on some of the public health measures as we get into the late fall of this year. But there's no guarantee of that. Because if we don't get the overwhelming majority of the population vaccinated, there's still going to be a considerable amount of virus in the community, and as long as that's the case, Bret, people are going to have to wear masks."

Dr. Fauci recently came out in favor of wearing two masks as a "common sense" mitigation effort, though he said there's no data yet to suggest it better protects people against the coronavirus. In March, when the pandemic was just getting started in the U.S., the nation's top infectious disease expert said face masks were unnecessary and could have "unintended consequences" that could make people sicker. He later admitted in June that the government actively discouraged people from buying masks because the supply of N95 and surgical masks at the time was so limited.

In December, Dr. Fauci admitted he had also been intentionally moving the goalposts on his recommendations regarding herd immunity based on what he thinks the American people are ready to hear.

"When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent," Dr. Fauci told The New York Times on Dec. 24. "Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, 'I can nudge this up a bit,' so I went to 80, 85."

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    The Lying Will Continue - Until People Refuse To Be Used As Pawns!

The left have twisted real common sense actions regarding the real Coronavirus into political gamesmanship by creating a public death panic to demonstrate that PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO OBEY THE MANDATES. They will continue to impose all types of mandates, using the Coronavirus as a cover for their lust for power.

Fauci: Masks needed until 'level of virus is so low it's not a threat at all'
    By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, February 9, 2021
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...us-is-so-low-/

Not surprised. Move the goalpost again. And again. Ad infinitum. It’ll be this way for at least the next 3.5 years unless people remember they have a voice and learn how to say “NO!”

Page 86 of 113 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast