Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1123
    (York County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Vaccines don't work, masks don't work: Everything government told us about COVID-19 was wrong
    Commentary - By Joseph Curl - - Wednesday, March 1, 2023
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...erything-gove/

OPINION:

Remember when the federal government told you masks were effective against COVID-19?

Yeah, they're not.

Remember when the government told you vaccines will keep you from getting the virus?

Yeah, they don't.

And remember when the federal government told you COVID didn't come from a lab in Wuhan, China?

Well, it did. Who says? The federal government.

The narrative laid out by the administrations of both former President Donald Trump and President Biden has rapidly fallen apart in the past couple of weeks.

The New York Times published a piece last week headlined "The Mask Mandates Did Nothing. Will Any Lessons Be Learned?" It was penned by Bret Stephens, an opinion columnist with the Times who won a Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 2013.

"The most rigorous and comprehensive analysis of scientific studies conducted on the efficacy of masks for reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses - including Covid-19 - was published late last month. Its conclusions, said Tom Jefferson, the Oxford epidemiologist who is its lead author, were unambiguous."

"'There is just no evidence that they" - masks - "make any difference," he told the journalist Maryanne Demasi. 'Full stop.'"

"But, wait, hold on. What about N-95 masks, as opposed to lower-quality surgical or cloth masks? 'Makes no difference 'none of it,' said Jefferson."

Hang on. Study after study in the early days of the pandemic asserted that masks worked, which prompted lawmakers at every level of government to enact mask mandates. But Mr. Jefferson says those studies were "non-randomized" and "flawed."

So that raises the question: What about Mr. Jefferson's study? Yeah, no. He and 11 colleagues conducted 78 randomized controlled trials with a total of 610,872 participants in numerous countries.

"Mask mandates were a fool's errand from the start," Mr. Stephens wrote. "They may have created a false sense of safety - and thus permission to resume semi-normal life. They did almost nothing to advance safety itself. The Cochrane report ought to be the final nail in this particular coffin."

Also this week, researchers examined the efficacy of local COVID-19 vaccine mandates implemented across the United States in 2021 and found they didn't work.

"These mandates imposed severe restrictions on the lives of many citizens and business owners," the researchers said in a study conducted by George Mason University's Mercatus Center. "Yet, we find no evidence that the mandates were effective in their intended goals of reducing COVID-19 cases and deaths."

The researchers evaluated the District of Columbia, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle.

"We find no evidence that the announcement or implementation of indoor vaccine mandates in the cities listed had any significant effect on vaccine uptake, COVID-19 cases, or COVID-19 deaths, and this is largely consistent for all US cities that implemented the mandate," the researchers wrote.

When COVID-19 arrived on our shores in early 2020, leaders of big cities - almost invariably Democrats - enacted major lockdowns, forcing businesses to close and shutting down entertainment and sports venues. They also ordered everyone to wear masks. When vaccines were created, those leaders issued mandates requiring millions to take them.

For instance, Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, a Democrat, said in August 2021 that science shows mask and vaccine mandates would slow the spread.

But researchers found no evidence to back that up.

"Our findings put into question the efficacy of city-level vaccine mandates," the researchers found. "Indoor vaccine mandates caused large disruptions for many individuals and businesses. New York City, for example, fired 1,430 city workers for failing to comply with its vaccine mandate. A survey found that over 90% of NYC restaurants reported having customer-related challenges, such as losing customers who objected to the mandate, and 75% having staff-related challenges. Those are just a small fraction of the disruptions caused by the mandates."

"Most supporters of the mandates claim that the associated increase in vaccination rates, and its implied reduction in the spread of COVID-19, outweigh the cost of the disruptions. However, we find that the effects of the mandates on their intended outcomes are not statistically noticeable in any of the cities they were implemented in all empirical strategies used," the report said.

Then last week we found out the global COVID-19 pandemic originated from a virology lab in run by the communist regime in China, according to a new U.S. Department of Energy document that was recently provided to key members of Congress and the White House.

Remember when social media squelched any mention of that? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

So now we know that the government didn't know a thing about COVID-19. They told us things to make us do what they wanted us to do, but none of it was based in science.

And that should scare the hell out of you.
    (bolding mine)

If Americans were true to the Founding Principles ---- That would make the government 'scared' because of the backlash that would descend on them by the American People. But don't hold your breath for that to happen ---- America is far from the Founding Principles...

Last edited by ImminentDanger; March 1st, 2023 at 07:59 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Vaccines don't work, masks don't work: Everything government told us about COVID-19 was wrong
    Commentary - By Joseph Curl - - Wednesday, March 1, 2023
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...erything-gove/

(bolding mine)

If Americans were true to the Founding Principles ---- That would make the government 'scared' because of the backlash that would descend on them by the American People. But don't hold your breath for that to happen ---- America is far from the Founding Principles...

Yet all hospitals and most Dr. offices still require masks. My dermatologist, whom I saw a couple of weeks ago, is 82 years old, still working 4 days a week. Does not require masks, and told me the vaccine caused more illness than it prevented. He's the only doctor in the last three years I've seen without a mask. And he seemed healthy.

(York County)

Just to put a finer edge on where we are today - You can check out this article in The Scientific American magazine that is representative of the insanity that was going on in the Coronavirus Panic during 2020:

Nine COVID-19 Myths That Just Won't Go Away
    From a human-made virus to vaccine conspiracy theories, we rounded up the most persistent false claims about the pandemic

By Tanya Lewis on August 18, 2020
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-wont-go-away/

As the world continues to battle the coronavirus, it is also fighting a different sort of epidemic: misinformation. This "infodemic" is just as harmful as COVID-19 itself, leading people to downplay the severity of the disease and ignore public health advice in favor of unproved treatments or "cures." A recent survey by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Gallup found that four in five Americans say the online spread of misinformation is the biggest problem facing the media. Even with widely available evidence to the contrary, beliefs are hard to change. Here are some of the most insidious falsehoods about the pandemic, and why they are wrong.

Myth 1: The novel coronavirus was engineered in a lab in China. Because the pathogen first emerged and began infecting people in Wuhan, China, President Donald Trump has claimed-without evidence-that it started in a laboratory there. Some conspiracy theorists have even speculated it was engineered as a bioweapon, although U.S. intelligence agencies have categorically denied this possibility, stating that the intelligence community "concurs with the wide scientific consensus that the COVID-19 virus was not manmade or genetically modified." No credible evidence has emerged to support an accidental lab release either. As Scientific American reported earlier this year, Chinese virologist Shi Zhengli-who studies bat coronaviruses and whose laboratory Trump and others had suggested was COVID-19's source-compared the pathogen's sequence against that of other coronaviruses her team had sampled from bat caves and found that it did not match any of them. Zhengli also explained in detail why her lab could not have been the source of the virus in a lengthy response in Science. In reaction to calls for an independent, international investigation into how the virus originated, China has invited researchers from the World Health Organization to discuss the scope of such a mission. But the evidence suggests SARS-CoV-2 was not created in a lab.
    I SNIPPED the other 8 - You can click the link to read them...

Last edited by ImminentDanger; March 5th, 2023 at 06:05 PM.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Just to put a finer edge on where we are today - You can check out this article in The Scientific American magazine that is representative of the insanity going on in the Coronavirus Panic of 2020:

From a human-made virus to vaccine conspiracy theories, we rounded up the most persistent false claims about the pandemic

Whew! That was yet another Trump-hating article. I still remember, it was about this time 3 years ago, when a physician at my hospital emergency department was the first known exposure to corona virus. He was talked about like he was definitely going to die. Yes, he is alive and well today.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Yet all hospitals and most Dr. offices still require masks. My dermatologist, whom I saw a couple of weeks ago, is 82 years old, still working 4 days a week. Does not require masks, and told me the vaccine caused more illness than it prevented. He's the only doctor in the last three years I've seen without a mask. And he seemed healthy.
    I bet they are being paid by .gov to push the narrative.
    FJB

Just to put a finer edge on where we are today - You can check out this article in The Scientific American magazine that is representative of the insanity going on in the Coronavirus Panic of 2020:

I just sent them an email asking why they are still pushing the fake narrative. I'm sure they will respond
    FJB

(Chester County)

It's already been shown that the most egregious and persistent purveyor of disinformation or as it's now known, "misinformation" is the US Federal Government even before the cave virus scam. Yes the virus was man manipulated, yes it was done in the Wuhan lab, yes it was released from there whether it be intentional or accidental is still unknown. Yes that research that developed the cave virus was paid for by US taxpayers and given to the lab by Anthony Fauci or one his agents at the NIH. These are all well established facts at this point and there is more coming.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

UK Pushed 'Fear' on Lockdowns
    By Nick Koutsobinas - 05 March 2023
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/un...05/id/1111175/

The British government pushed "fear tactics" to ensure people complied with COVID-19 lockdowns.

In a report published by The Telegraph, the British publication outlines that among some 100,000 WhatsApp messages it obtained from British ministers, officials, and others, one set of messages showed former British Health Secretary Matt Hancock, who served from 2018 to 2021, suggesting he wanted to "deploy" a new COVID-19 variant to "frighten the pants off" the public into complying with lockdowns.

In December 2020, two days after being informed of the emergence of a new variant known as the alpha or Kent variant, Hancock suggested in a WhatsApp conversation that the new strain would be helpful in preparing the ground for a looming lockdown by scaring people into compliance. Hancock's media adviser, Damon Poole, suggested that they could "roll pitch with the new strain" to prepare the ground for tougher restrictions in the run-up to Christmas 2020. Hancock replied, "We'd frighten the pants off everyone with the new strain."

Poole responded, "Yep that's what will get proper behaviour change."

The leak of the WhatsApp messages, known as the "Lockdown Files," also revealed that former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was wavering between being either a lockdown skeptic or a proponent but nonetheless was aware of his government's efforts to scare the public.

"What's the data like today? Tory narrative that we panicked too soon etc.," Johnson wrote two days after the United Kingdom's second national lockdown in November 2020.

The Telegraph notes in their report that psychologists were warning that the government's use of alleged "fear tactics" in health campaigns were "grossly unethical," which would contribute to excess non-COVID-19 deaths and increase anxiety disorders.

And in January 2021, Simon Case, the cabinet secretary, alongside Hancock, suggested that the "fear/guilt factor" would be "vital" in encouraging compliance with pandemic protocols.

The two politicians weighed different options, including mandating "more mask wearing ... in all settings outside home."

"Basically, we need to get compliance up," Case said. The cabinet secretary then noted that the fear campaign had to be tactful because adding some measures, such as a ban on fishing, "will be parodied galore if it looks like we have suddenly decided fishing is the first step towards tier 5!"

"I honestly wouldn't move on any small things unless we move on a lot," Hancock replied. "The only big remaining ... things are nurseries and workplaces."

"I agree," Case responded. "I think that is exactly right. Small stuff looks ridiculous. Ramping up messaging * the fear/guilt factor vital." The cabinet secretary then proposed that a "big public moment" would be to reopen the Nightingale hospital in London as an overflow facility for non-COVID-19 patients. But in reality, only a few such patients were ever admitted.
    This story shows that the constant lying about nearly everything is not limited to the US. Dishonesty destroys trust - And, distrust will destroy Freedom!

This story just reiterates that for many in government (both the British government & US government are very leftist liberal), the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS, on any issue - including life & death. In addition, it reiterates that the government always believes that the citizens are too stupid to run their own affairs thru free choice. The government MUST tell us how to live our lives and what to think!

Honestly? I can't wait until they try this again.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Honestly? I can't wait until they try this again.
    I can't imagine they would. THey lost a lot of credibility, people won't buy it.

Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast