Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Always liked Mels. One of my favorite places to wait for folks coming into Philly airport.
    I did a job there about 8 years ago. Long story short,
    mel said he used to have a line up the block for people waiting to get in.
    There was a bar/club downstairs (I saw it).
    Something happened with the airport (jobs lost) and ever since then, the place has been a ghost town.
    Kind of reminds me of today.

(York County)

(Centre County)

Essington has always kinda been a ghost town.

I grew up there. Mel's was The Preston Diner when I was a kid an was owned by a local family.

We used to go there after church on Sundays.

I only chimed in cause I thought it was funny to see people talk about Essington!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I did a job there about 8 years ago. Long story short,
    mel said he used to have a line up the block for people waiting to get in.
    There was a bar/club downstairs (I saw it).
    Something happened with the airport (jobs lost) and ever since then, the place has been a ghost town.
    Kind of reminds me of today.

(York County)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...tive-flu-tests

CDC reports record-low positive flu tests
    by Carly Roman, Associate News Editor - December 28, 2020 03:09 PM

As coronavirus cases surge nationwide, the flu has seen a remarkable dip. Reported cases of influenza reached record lows last week, with fewer than 40 diagnoses recorded during Dec. 13-19.

In week 51 of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's "FluView" data monitoring system, 36 positive flu tests were documented. This marks a steep decrease from last year's total of 7,703 cases during the same time frame. The positivity rate has sharply declined this calendar year as only 0.10% of tests taken this year came back positive. The five-year average is 15.80% positive.

https://apnews.com/article/utah-flu-...955e78474bb4a9

Utah reports flu cases down, coronavirus cases up
    December 22, 2020 GMT

A weekly map of the U.S. shows the entire country has low to moderate flu activity, with the exception of Oklahoma. More than 650 people of all ages have been diagnosed with influenza A or B across the country, officials said.

Health officials previously warned of a *twindemic* with coronavirus cases on the rise, but that has not happened with flu cases at record lows nationwide. Flu vaccine doses are also readily available because of low cases.

Some have contributed the low numbers to social distancing, masks and stay-at-home orders.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported 75 laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations between Oct. 1 and Dec. 12 were reported by FluSurv-NET sites.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29310X

Wealthy hospitals rake in U.S. disaster aid for COVID-19 costs
    By Chad Terhune - December 29, 2020 7:06 AM

This year, hospitals and other medical providers have already received about $145 billion in federal grants under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. In addition, Medicare has provided nearly $80 billion in low-interest loans and increased reimbursements for patients hospitalized with COVID-19 by 20%, which may yield another $3 billion for hospitals.

So - I wonder how much of the money facts of the 3rd story is the explanation for the disparity of Low Seanonal Flu vs High Coronavirus reports. We have already seen any number of cases of physical causes of death being reported as caused by Coronavirus, a very dubious evaluation. I wonder how many flu cases (with nearly identical symptoms to Coronavirus) are being reported in a way so as to claim high dollar case fees.

One of the most significant deaths from the Coronavirus Panic is the death of the Truth!

(Delaware County)

Try these for some interesting insight...

https://www.cdc.https://pjmedia.com/...r-publication-

n1178https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/11/27/johns-hopkins-study-saying-covid-19-has-relatively-no-effect-on-deaths-in-u-s-deleted-after-publication-

So, cv19 cures the flu? Sounds like a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...tive-flu-tests

CDC reports record-low positive flu tests
    by Carly Roman, Associate News Editor - December 28, 2020 03:09 PM

https://apnews.com/article/utah-flu-...955e78474bb4a9

Utah reports flu cases down, coronavirus cases up
    December 22, 2020 GMT

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29310X

Wealthy hospitals rake in U.S. disaster aid for COVID-19 costs
    By Chad Terhune - December 29, 2020 7:06 AM

So - I wonder how much of the money facts of the 3rd story is the explanation for the disparity of Low Seanonal Flu vs High Coronavirus reports. We have already seen any number of cases of physical causes of death being reported as caused by Coronavirus, a very dubious evaluation. I wonder how many flu cases (with nearly identical symptoms to Coronavirus) are being reported in a way so as to claim high dollar case fees.

One of the most significant deaths from the Coronavirus Panic is the death of the Truth!

I can see flu cases going down and Corona going up.

Manufactured or not less people have been gathering publicly in schools, sporting events, restaurants stores etc..... because of Corona. Less people getting together means less areas for the flu to spread compared to a year ago. So it seems natural that the number of flu cases have gone down.

Since this strain of Corona is new and there were zero known cases a year ago the numbers are going to go up. There aren't many data points right now for Corona and it going up is easy to see.

There may be false claims to get more money, but the it also seem natural to me that flu cases would be down while Corona would be up right now.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I can see flu cases going down and Corona going up.
    Don't you find it amazing that the Coronavirus is spreading yet the same interactions of people are not spreading the Flu Influenza?

How is it these PPE and distancing measures are supressing the Flu Influenza, yet the Coronavirus continues to increase?

I can see how measles, mumps, etc., might be suppressed by these draconian measures that deplete life of it's natural interactions, but how is it that similar medical conditions, with similar transmission factors, are going down while the Coronavirus is going up?

Or is it just the analysis & reporting that has created this anomaly?

Don't you find it disturbing that there are no studies of the Coronavirus infections in the community of Essential Workers, those who are continuing their employment and interacting with others on a regular basis? While they are continuing their employment, others, who could take similar precautions for their jobs, are forced to abandon their livelihoods? Wouldn't evaluation of the Essential Workers be the perfect opportunity to find out how risky it is to have people go back to work?

(Bucks County)

The fear is being spread in the US by using numbers rather than percentages in the reporting. Things are going to look a little different with Joe and the ho, just watch the trend change and the media begin to use percentages while praising the strong, effective leadership of the democrats.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    The fear is being spread in the US by using numbers rather than percentages in the reporting. Things are going to look a little different with Joe and the ho, just watch the trend change and the media begin to use percentages while praising the strong, effective leadership of the democrats.
    That is done purposely. I'm sure there is a course for that in college.
    My dad taught a course on subliminal messages in high school in the 70s.
    Both are used to fool you.

Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast