Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Message from Doug Mastriano this morning:

Thursday, October 29, 2020 COVID-19 Update

*We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.* ~Preamble of the US Constitution

*We the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance, do ordain and establish this Constitution.* ~Preamble to the PA Constitution

As we read over these preambles, both for our country and for our state, I wonder if we really grasp the gift that our forefathers have given us. *We the people.* Our great Nation was formed *by the people, for the people.* YOUR voice is important. Walk as free people.

Please read Article 1, Section 12 of the Pennsylvania Constitution, power for suspending laws is granted to the legislative branch. This includes Governor Wolf*s emergency declarations. For this to pass, we need 102 State Representatives and 26 State Senators to sign. Currently, 57 House Members and 9 Senators have added their signature to this Declaration. Below is a list of those that have signed. If you do not see your Senator our House Member on this list, I encourage you to contact them and voice your support of this suspension. Together, we can make a difference.

Representatives that have signed the Declaration of Suspension: Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, Rep. Steve Barrar, Rep. Aaron Bernstine, Rep. Tim Bonner, Rep. Stephanie Bororwicz, Rep. Bob Brooks, rep. Marty Causer, Rep. Bud Cook, Rep. Jim Cox, Rep. Eric Davanzo, Rep. Russ Diamond, Rep. Matt Dowling, Rep. George Dunbar, Rep. Cris Dush, Rep. Torren Ecker, Rep. Garth Everett, Rep. Jonathan Fritz, Rep. Matt Gabler, Rep. Mark Gillen, Rep. Barbara Gleim, rep. jim Gregory, Rep. Sue Helm, Rep. Johnathan Hershey, Rep. Rich Irvin, Rep. Lee James, Rep. Mike Jones, Rep. Barry Jozwiak, Rep. Rob Kauffman, Rep. Dawn Keefer, Rep. Mark Keller, Rep. Jerry Knowles, Rep. Ryan Mackenzie, Rep. Dave Maloney, Rep. Carl Metzgar, Rep. Dave Millard, Rep. Dan Moul, Rep. Marci Mustello, Rep. Eric Nelson, Rep. Jeff Pyle, Rep. Kathy Rapp, Rep. Mike Reese, Rep. Jim Rigby, Rep. Brad Roae,Rep. David Rowe, Rep. Frank Ruan, Rep. Tommy Sankey, Rep. Stan Saylor, Rep. Lou Schmitt, Rep. Curt Sonney, Rep. Craig Staats, Rep. Jim Struzzi, Rep. Mike Tobash, Rep. Jesse Topper, Rep. Ryan Warner, Rep. Parke Wentling, Rep. Jeff Wheeland, Rep. Dave Zimmerman.

Senators that have signed the Declaration of Suspension: Senator Dave Argall, Senator Scott Hutchinson, Senator Wayne Langerholc, Senator Doug Mastriano, Senator Kristin Phillips-Hill, Senator Mike Regan, Senator Mario Scavello, Senator Judy Ward, Senator Kim Ward.

December 31st Deadline for FBI Background Checks
    The Department of Human Services (DHS) reminded people needing Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal history background checks as a condition of employment that the December 31 deadline to obtain this clearance is approaching and strongly encouraged anyone needing this clearance to start the process now. Earlier this year, Governor Wolf signed Act 18 of 2020, which extends the time period for certain professions required by the Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) to obtain an FBI background check upon hiring. For more information please go to http://www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov/

PA Farm Bill Funds Available to Grow Livestock and Poultry Industries
    According to Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding, there are $375,000 in PA Farm Bill Funds available to grow livestock and poultry industries. Research proposals are now being accepted for this. More information can be found here: https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Agric...spx?newsid=985

York County COVID-19 Rent Relief Program
    The COVID-19 Rent Relief Program, administered in York County by the Community Progress Council, has been extended until November 4, 2020. This gives local tenants two more weeks to apply for up to $750 per month in rental assistance. Qualified renters include those whose income has been reduced by 30 percent or more since March 1, 2020.

Tenants and landlords must apply for this assistance together and submit all three applications and supporting documents before the November 4 deadline.

For more information, including applications, video tutorials and an application checklist, please visit www.YorkCPC.org/take-action. Applications may also be picked up and submitted at CPC*s main office in York at 226 East College Ave.

Information and applications are also available in Spanish at www.YorkCPC.org/toma-accion.

Franklin County Election Announcement
    Voters can conveniently deliver their voted ballots back to the County in-person. We will be hosting a drive-thru event this Saturday, October 31st from 9 am * 3 pm at the rear of the Historic Courthouse under the catwalk connecting it to the Courthouse Annex (this is also referred to as Central Avenue). Voters will be able to pull into the alley, present their voted ballot to election staff to confirm everything is in order, and then have the ballot deposited into a secured ballot box. Voters will also receive an *I VOTED* sticker!!
    Voters have until 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3rd to return their voted ballot to the Voter Registration Office, Historic Courthouse, 2 North Main Street, Chambersburg or the County Commissioners* Office/County Board of Elections, 340 North Second Street, Chambersburg. Ballots will also be counted if they are postmarked by November 3rd and received by the County no later than Friday, November 6th.
    Upcoming Events
    A reminder, every Friday from noon * 12:30pm, I am on the *Dean Malik Show.* We discuss current events, legislation, and answer your questions. Please call 1-888-329-3306 to participate during the interactive portion. Tune in at https://wwdbam.com/ or WWDB-AM TALK 860.
    Also, a segment titled *Colonel on the Call* airs every Friday from 5pm-6pm on 103.7 FM. I take calls from constituents regarding current events, concerns, and legislation. The phone number to call in and speak with me is 1-877-709-1037. Listen live at https://streamingv2.shoutcast.com/news-talk-1037-fm.
    November 7th, 1 PM * I will be speaking at an annual tree planting hosted by Codorus State Park in Hanover in honor of deceased veterans. The location will be off Rt. 216 on Marina Road. Follow the flags to the classroom building.
    November 8th, 6 PM - I will be speaking at a *Thank You* event for veterans. This event is hosted by Hamilton Heights God*s Missionary Church, located at 1699 Johnson Rd., Chambersburg. More details can be found here: https://fb.me/e/1SQ7IIrKB.
    November 14th, 9-11 AM * I will be speaking at Enola First Church of God located at 9 Sherwood Drive, Enola. Veterans and their families are invited to attend, but you must RSVP by November 7th to 717-557-1842 or by using the following link: https://signup.com/go/affQcLL.
    November 14th, 11 AM * I will be speaking at a Veterans Day Appreciation Event hosted by the West Shore Elks Lodge #2257, 108 North Saint Johns Road, Camp Hill.
    Community Events
    Downtown Chambersburg will be hosting a *Sip & Stroll* on Saturday, November 14 from 2-5PM. Tickets must be purchased for this event. You can find more information here: https://fb.me/e/1E96OvxAD

Saturday, November 28, starting at 10 AM is Small Business Saturday in Downtown Chambersburg. This event encourages shopping at locally owned business.

December 4 at 5:30, December 5 at 3:30, and December 6 at 1 PM, Renfrew Museum and Park will be hosting Christmas on the Farm. Please visit https://fb.me/e/3GQXtJ7Sv for more information.

Exercise your Constitutional Rights
    As COVID-19 continues to impact the Commonwealth, I work tirelessly on your behalf to get Pennsylvania open for business and back to normalcy. Unfortunately, the Governor and the Secretary of Health are the persons making decisions, keeping the state from completely opening. Please voice your concerns to the Governor and the Secretary of Health and respectfully tell them your story, how this shut down is impacting you. Their contact information is below:
    Governor Wolf
    PHONE: 717-787-2500

Dr. Levine
    PHONE: 717-787-6436
    EMAIL: ralevine@pa.gov

You can legally request access to the decisions and documents generated by Governor Wolf and his staff. https://www.openrecords.pa.gov/RTKL/HowToFile.cfm
    Conclusion
    During these unprecedented times, please look for opportunities to safely help others! We are Pennsylvanians. We will, by God's grace, get through this together. Walk in freedom!!
    If I can be of service, please email dmastriano@pasen.gov or call 717-787-4651.
    Sincerely,
    Doug Mastriano
    Senator Doug Mastriano
    33rd Pennsylvania Senate District

*May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.*
    Romans 15:13
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Mercer County)

I know the election is the hot topic at this time, but has there been any action on the appeal of: County of Butler, et al. v. Thomas W. Wolf, et al., Case No. 2:20-cv-677 ? Not finding anything at all in my searches except a reference to arguments being due by early November. It would be nice to at least get rid of the occupancy restrictions on the local level.

Tim

(Lebanon County)

I can guarantee 1 thing. If Biden winds up in the White House, and encourages another lockdown, (Which he said he would before he said he wouldn't), our worthless POS governor will immediately comply. Remember, for a minute, Joe said he would not have the power to do it himself, but he would meet with the governors, and encourage them to do the "Right thing".

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    I can guarantee 1 thing. If Biden winds up in the White House, and encourages another lockdown, (Which he said he would before he said he wouldn't), our worthless POS governor will immediately comply. Remember, for a minute, Joe said he would not have the power to do it himself, but he would meet with the governors, and encourage them to do the "Right thing".
    Fear not covid has been vanquished along with the evil orange man.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Fear not covid has been vanquished along with the evil orange man.
    This was my original assumption but now I wonder if they're willing to give up this control of all of us serfs.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    This was my original assumption but now I wonder if they're willing to give up this control of all of us serfs.
    Negative, Biden has a plan. We have to get control of the virus before we can grow our economy. We will be ordered to mask up before exiting the front door, we will ordered on how we can gather with family inside of our houses.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Negative, Biden has a plan. We have to get control of the virus before we can grow our economy. We will be ordered to mask up before exiting the front door, we will ordered on how we can gather with family inside of our houses.
    No, I will not *mask up* until I enter a store or other public building, or when I walk my dog. We will gather as a family in our house or my son*s house as long or with as many numbers as we please. Stop this Bull Shit.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; November 8th, 2020 at 01:22 PM.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And to think people hate the cops now, just wait, HAH.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    IF he winds up in the white house????
    The Conservatives have been "played".
    The republicians have been checkmated.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Lackawanna County)

Heard thru the grapevine, over a week ago, that Wolf had told the PSP to be ready for another Covid lockdown on the 9th of November. Now how could Wolf "know" if a lockdown for Covid was "needed" over a week ago??? Sounds more like it relates to the election more than a virus. Anyone here with PSP connections heard about the 9th being a lockdown date?

Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast