Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: PA Counties locked down

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    This is what I've been trying to get across in this forum for 10 YEARS! It's always been about more than 2A rights - I don't care how much lip service is paid to the special causes of each rally, if our representatives do not stand CLEARLY and LOUDLY for OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, then every act they take, even when it's in favor of your particular cause, is nothing more than PANDERING FOR VOTES!

This situation has been developing for a long time. Our government has played the populace for the FOOLS that so many are. They don't understand the Constitutional concept of Rights (ALL POWER resides in THE PEOPLE), they don't care to punish those who violate the Rights of a handful of people (it's not me, so who really cares), they're all for the NECESSARY security (for safety) of constant surveillance (if you don't have anything to hide, who really cares if they monitor us) and the confiscation of property (guns, cash, cars, homes, etc.) on the slimmest of evidence of wrong doing. The populace has been duped into believing that the government (and their individual reps) are truly interested in protecting them and doing good favors for them and keeping them safe from all the bad things in life, all out of altruistic concerns.

To our SUPPOSED representative, politics is just a game, to be won or lost at the ballot box - The political parties have agreed to divide the populace and work the game back and forth with votes gained or lost. The constituents are playing pieces (pawns) used to play the game and the ONLY real goal is to get elected as many times as possible. Actions are taken with utmost concern for how it will affect the outcome of the game (next election) and has nothing to do with SERVING the constituents or protecting them from government overreach, unless that furthers the goal of reelection. The Judiciary has been politicized and clearly it makes a difference WHO APPOINTED A JUDGE as to how that judge is going to rule. The Supreme Court itself, that is supposed to protect the people from the government by ruling absolutely according to the Constitution, and without legislating from the bench, has likewise been politicized. John Roberts declared Obamacare Constitutional, you can be FORCED TO BUY A PRODUCT! He's delusional - It is OBVIOUS to anyone with eyes, that his declaration regarding an impartial judiciary is simply wrong!

It's been a long time coming and their goal has always been to make the government so big it is almost impossible for anyone to clean house - We're seeing that right before our eyes. Big government sticks it's nose into every affair of life so as to pit various sets of constituents against one another, instead of all of them using their effort to take down the UNCONSTITUTIONAL INTRUSION of the government. This is obvious with the 2A tinkering arguments that pit one group against another.

On this very forum, the goal has far too often been nit-picky tinkering with the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Licensing Scheme instead of FULL FORCE advancement of Constitutional Carry. Tinkering around the edges has gotten us more and more intervention and the institution of a REGISTRY that is supported by our corrupt Supreme Court that can't read the plain statements in our State Constitution!

A peaceful retaking of our Rights, minimizing the size of government and their interventions in our lives, along with greater tolerance of other people doing what we don't like (so long as it does not threaten our Rights or our lives) should be the goal of every patriot. Also, with the lack of education of the young people in the FOUNDING PRINCIPLES of this country and why they are so important, it is hard to belive even a violent uprising to restore our Rights would succeed. We need to make every effort to centralize the promotion of our Constitutional Rights as the basis of every rally, not simply our 2A Rights.

As is obvious in this time of continuing DECLARATIONS OF EMERGENCIES, every Right we actually have is under assault, every day, in unnumbered ways.

Sorry for the RANT - Your comment touched a nerve...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ImminentDanger again.
    You're absolutely right. Thanks for the rant.

(Berks County)

(Tom Wolf turns on the TV and sees Minneapolis burning for the second straight night)

Rolls over and whispers:
    whew, that helps take the pressure off me!

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

I truly hope that you all are correct and this whole thing is nothing to worry about for anyone. In the meantime, with my wife and I both being in a high risk group for respiratory infections, and having an elderly father whom I would like to keep around as long as possible, I will err on the side of caution and continue to wear a mask when in close quarters with strangers. This is MY decision, based on a lifetime accumulation of common sense and NOT because any particular person told me to. When it’s all over and I was wrong I will gladly accept all ridicule.

The important thing is to do what you believe is right, not what Wolf or Fauci or anyone else tells you. You can only trust yourself.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    I truly hope that you all are correct and this whole thing is nothing to worry about for anyone. In the meantime, with my wife and I both being in a high risk group for respiratory infections, and having an elderly father whom I would like to keep around as long as possible, I will err on the side of caution and continue to wear a mask when in close quarters with strangers. This is MY decision, based on a lifetime accumulation of common sense and NOT because any particular person told me to. When it*s all over and I was wrong I will gladly accept all ridicule.

The important thing is to do what you believe is right, not what Wolf or Fauci or anyone else tells you. You can only trust yourself.
    I agree with you 100%, what you are talking about is the individual's freedom to pursue happiness, as each sees fit. Our U.S. and Commonwealth Constitutions protect out God given rights of freedom and personal choice, that is all the majority of us have been arguing for. You choose your path and we'll choose ours, just as it is supposed to be. God bless us all.
    Take away the soap box, take away the ballot box and all that's left is the cartridge box.

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    (Tom Wolf turns on the TV and sees Minneapolis burning for the second straight night)

Rolls over and whispers:
    When given their marching orders Kenney and Krasner will be bringing to Philly soon enough, so the Governor ought not sleep to comfortably on this.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    When given their marching orders Kenney and Krasner will be bringing to Philly soon enough, so the Governor ought not sleep to comfortably on this.
    No doubt. These riots are quickly popping up in cities across the country, and Philly is in no way insulated from becoming the next BREAKING NEWS

(Philadelphia County)

Minneapolis has nothing to do with Covid lockdowns.
    Wheaties aren't made out of the same stuff today as they were 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Minneapolis has nothing to do with Covid lockdowns.
    I disagree. It is the "next wave". Look at the video and pictures of the rioters, a lot of white folks and Antifa are in the mix. There is a lot about this that is simply odd. This is an operation just as much as a protest and not everyone involved may have the same agenda. How long will Minneapolis remain under curfew and policed by the National Guard? Outbreaks of the violence are in multiple cities already. I think it is but a matter of time before Philly is targeted. They were storming the White House earlier.

This is going Nationwide. What those behind the Covid19 epidemic failed to accomplish, is going to be pursued in this latest effort. I do not believe the violence is all just spontaneous, although some of it might be. But the results will be similar: extended lockdowns, police enforced curfews, business closures all over again, supply chain disruptions.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; May 29th, 2020 at 09:28 PM.

(Beaver County)

An agent provocateur (French for "inciting agent") is a person who commits or who acts to entice another person to commit an illegal or rash act.

(Delaware County)

Not to worry. This virus stuff will be over on November 4...providing a Democrat wins.

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast