Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    19,021
    Rep Power
    21474870

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Streaker:
    Are you rebuilding laptop battery packs?

    Have you done much work on Chromebooks? i.e. converting from Chrome OS to Linux?
    I just got the thing, I haven't rebuilt any packs yet. I haven't even touched a Chrome OS, but unless they did something really funky in the BIOS, you should be able to install Linux on it.

    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+...inux+OS/108259
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    4,169
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I just got the thing, I haven't rebuilt any packs yet. I haven't even touched a Chrome OS, but unless they did something really funky in the BIOS, you should be able to install Linux on it.

    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+...inux+OS/108259
    You have to dissect the Chromebook and remove the motherboard, and remove a write-protection screw from the hard drive. That is the part that makes me nervous. Bricking it is a real risk.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    19,021
    Rep Power
    21474870

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    You have to dissect the Chromebook and remove the motherboard, and remove a write-protection screw from the hard drive. That is the part that makes me nervous.
    Ahh, I figured there was something strange with it. I'm guessing it doesn't have a regular drive, but maybe an SSD?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    4,169
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ahh, I figured there was something strange with it. I'm guessing it doesn't have a regular drive, but maybe an SSD?
    Yes, SSD. That is the big advantage of it. Super long battery life. I want it LInux so I can use it to reprogram my Baofengs while I am off-grid.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Morrisville, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    514751

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Are there any electricians looking for work in the Yardley/Morrisville area? I have been working in my kitchen and have 2 outlets that need to be repaired. I'm sure it's not hard for someone knowing what they are doing, but electricity and I are not good for each other.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,004
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    Are there any electricians looking for work in the Yardley/Morrisville area? I have been working in my kitchen and have 2 outlets that need to be repaired. I'm sure it's not hard for someone knowing what they are doing, but electricity and I are not good for each other.
    The fixed cost of getting an electrician out there to do that job is gonna rock ya. I don't know what needs fixed but I could replace two outlets in less than 15 minutes. However, electrical work is one thing that I will only do for myself, not others.
    Self defense is not a crime: Free Kyle Rittenhouse

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Penn area, Pennsylvania
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    I have been working in my kitchen and have 2 outlets that need to be repaired.
    Outlets don't get repaired , they get replaced. They're fairly cheap. There's even diagrams in the box.

    Turn power off.
    Remove 2 cover plate screws.
    Remove 2 screws holding outlet in box.
    Loosen 3 screws holding wires. Green is ground. Black wire is hot and goes to brass colored screws. White is neutral and goes to silver colored screws. I always put a couple wraps of black electrical tape around outlet body , over screws.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Morrisville, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    514751

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Outlets don't get repaired , they get replaced. They're fairly cheap. There's even diagrams in the box.

    Turn power off.
    Remove 2 cover plate screws.
    Remove 2 screws holding outlet in box.
    Loosen 3 screws holding wires. Green is ground. Black wire is hot and goes to brass colored screws. White is neutral and goes to silver colored screws. I always put a couple wraps of black electrical tape around outlet body , over screws.
    I'm sorry I should clarify. I did replace the outlets and they still don't work. I checked the circuit breakers, and that isn't it. I tried replacing with gfi's and regular outlets. Hey, it made sense to me, but I'm not an electrician. So at this point I think the circuit/s need to be tested and something done. Thank you for the replies.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,004
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    I'm sorry I should clarify. I did replace the outlets and they still don't work. I checked the circuit breakers, and that isn't it. I tried replacing with gfi's and regular outlets. Hey, it made sense to me, but I'm not an electrician. So at this point I think the circuit/s need to be tested and something done. Thank you for the replies.
    Aaaaa ok, that sounds a little more troublesome. They aren't on a switch are they?
    Self defense is not a crime: Free Kyle Rittenhouse

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Morrisville, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    514751

    Default Re: Out of Work? What Can you Do. Want to help? What do you need done?

    No they aren't. I did check for that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone in PA that does AK Work?
    By Ricochet in forum Gunsmiths
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM
  2. Act 235 Security work or other work
    By lump88 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM
  3. Work from home online? - looking for work
    By pandemic in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 14th, 2009, 01:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •