Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Terrible Gun Choices In Shows

My wife watches westworld for some reason and there's this guy who carries a subcompact Beretta PX4 in a cross draw OWB holster ... The purpose of a subcompact pistol is for concealment, not duty! Who made that weapon choice? Why wear your holster cross draw unless you spend most of your day sitting down? This makes no sense! To clarify, I am not saying cross draw makes no sense, this character's use of cross draw is what is nonsense because he spends the entire episode walking around, not sitting.
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; March 23rd, 2020 at 01:08 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Terrible Gun Choices In Shows

Hollywood has little clue how guns work, thought that was public knowledge by now.

They probably make that Beretta look like it can take down jets too...

(Washington County)

I really enjoyed West World. Looking forward to the new season.

If you need to feel better and see a show with good gun choices and handling you can watch The Way of The Gun and the movie Heat.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    My wife watches westworld for some reason and there's this guy who carries a subcompact Beretta PX4 in a cross draw OWB holster ... The purpose of a subcompact pistol is for concealment, not duty! Who made that weapon choice? Why wear your holster cross draw unless you spend most of your day sitting down? This makes no sense!
    Asked and answered, your honor.

Ever try sitting behind the wheel and attempt a practice draw from a same-side-draw OWB holster? Awkward. But drawing from a crossdraw OWB? Pretty easy. Regardless of size of handgun, 5" bbl and under. Compacts crossdraw behind the wheel even easier than full size semiauto pistols.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Ever try sitting behind the wheel and attempt a practice draw from a same-side-draw OWB holster? Awkward. But drawing from a crossdraw OWB? Pretty easy. Regardless of size of handgun, 5" bbl and under. Compacts crossdraw behind the wheel even easier than full size semiauto pistols.

Noah

Here is another way that doesn't take much effort at all, it's how I was taught and a reason why I really like IWB appendix carry. On a side note I find that the Glock 43X and other pistols with questions compact or full size grip and that shorter slide really lend themselves to this kind of carry since you can get a solid grip on it the 1st time forand get good shots off quickly.

Last edited by Hodgie; March 23rd, 2020 at 12:41 AM.

(Chester County)

Now that I carry a full sized pistol all of the time I just toss it up on the dashboard. No sense trying to draw that pistol from OWB sitting down. Looks cool from outside of the vehicle too. Seriously though I'm looking for a solution for my Grand Marquis. The pick up is easy, all of my holsters fit into the center console when I'm in the vehicle. I do have a Safariland GLS 579 holster and I'm looking at the MLS snap in mountings they make. Put a receiver on the car where I can easily reach it while sitting and a belt with the receiver so I can remove it from the car without taking the pistol out of the holster and snap it onto the belt. I have to sit in the car and see where I can bolt the receiver to. In the development stage right now.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

I leave mine on the passenger's seat where I can get to it quick.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

I carry my 5" 1911 IWB at about 3:30. I can safely draw AND reholster while buckled in to my driver's seat, without the seat belt getting in the way. I know it's a unicorn situation.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I really enjoyed West World. Looking forward to the new season.

If you need to feel better and see a show with good gun choices and handling you can watch The Way of The Gun and the movie Heat.
    We're 2 episodes in and it's total shit. The first episode had a bunch of mindless, infinite ammo shoutouts where everyone had one of those full conceal folding Glocks and my wife paused the show, looked at me and ask if that was a real thing, I said yes, showed it to her online and she said it was fucking stupid then resumed watching. Then the second episode ... holy shit, it was awful. First of all, these fuckers are trying to be sneaky in a facility with ALL GLASS WALLS and everyone can see everything, EVERYONE is secretly a host, EVERYONE dies but no one dies because they either come back as a host or they were a host to begin with and they just get repaired ... Anyway, I won't spoil it because I want you to experience this shit show for yourself but there's a park called WAR WORLD ... I was laughing so hard at some of those scenes!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    Yeah, except this guy has spent no time sitting down in the episodes I've watched. I'm not arguing the validity of cross draw for ease of use when sitting, I'm saying that this guy is walking around the entire time he's on screen not sitting.

(Montgomery County)

Bosch carries a 1911 and not a Glock like J. Edgar, so we know that's a terrible choice...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast