Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Those of us who still have to work

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    That could be true, but I've got doubts that this will all be over in a few weeks.
    Listen to this and I guarantee you'll feel better.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This is when that $99 Combat Armory 7" upper mated to a $129 PSA lower comes in handy.
    When they confiscate it, at least you aren't out that much money.
    Now you tell me
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

I'm getting inferiority complex from everybody talking about being essential. I'm a construction worker, deemed unnecessary and forbidden from working.

It sucks being stuck at home all day, doing housework while my wife works extra hours, even though her wages can't pay our bills, no matter how much she works.

I heard people were supposed to be getting laid more due to the quarantine; right now I'm listening to my wife snoring. She crashed around 8. I'm watching Seinfeld re-runs and wishing I had stocked up on bourbon instead of canned goods.

Just giving you essential workers a glimpse at the other side of the coin.

I have some odd jobs around the house I could use a friend to help with. No contracting of course. I could pay in beer, or coupons for beer that have “in God we trust” on them.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think everyone is going to have a different idea in their head about what could get bad if the SHTF and things will vary greatly by location.

In my head, I can mostly just envision people going around breaking into cars and homes to steal things they want and need. I don't foresee myself needing to have a shootout with government storm troopers while out driving, but there's always a chance that someone who wants your vehicle could need to be dissuaded at the barrel of a gun.

My own drive to Walmart for my second job is 12 miles one way and I don't drive through any sketchy areas - half of it is highway travel.
    The potential "trouble" is likely going to be at either destination - at work, or at home.

With what's going on, keeping the rifle in the vehicle could become a problem if stopped - legal or not - so I can understand your concern.
    Not really sure what to say on that other than to say that you have no obligation to disclose that you have a rifle in the vehicle.

Keeping some supplies on board certainly isn't going to hurt.
    I second the concern with increased break-in potential.

(Luzerne County)

Also considered essentail. I bring a bag to work with me. It has food and water, some meds I might need, an extra battery for my phone, charger cord for my phone and a few other needed items. My truck is parked in a fenced in enclosure at work. My drive is about fifteen minutes. Work has not issued a letter as if yet. My wife's place has given her a letter stating where she works.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm an RN at a hospital in Pittsburgh, 35 miles from home. I have a get home bag, AR pistol in 300 BO with 4 mags, and a Glock 19 with 4 mags. I'm hoping to not use any of this stuff.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'm pretty lucky. I work for a large medical manufacturer. I live 5 miles from work, outside of the city. I can do 90% of my job from home, just popping into the office occasionally.

I spoke with a supplier near Rochester NY on Friday. They make sheet metal parts for us. My contact there said that my company had an hours-long meeting with another division of my company the other day on business continuity, stressing the importance of the products their parts go into. Apparently that division makes a diagnostic platform for virus testing. Our supplier is now notifying all of their suppliers. They've also contacted their NY state rep and forwarded the letter that my company gave them, to make sure the state doesn't shut them down.

One problem is that the supply chain is such an infinite web that there are plenty of companies that don't know that their parts or materials wind up in critical medical products. Plus, we get a small number of key components from China, primarily PC-based control panels. It's only a matter of time before our lines shut down.
    All of the companies, hospitals, and suppliers espoused the ‘just in time’ supply chain idea twenty years ago. It works just fine, and saves a shit-ton of money ( bigger bonuses for the top tier), and all is wonderful.
    UNTIL a truck breaks down, or demand rises suddenly for whatever reason. Now we are seeing the beauty of having a reserve tank on a motorcycle, or a warehouse full of readily available rotating stock nearby.

(Bucks County)

I'm getting inferiority complex from everybody talking about being essential. I'm a construction worker, deemed unnecessary and forbidden from working.

It sucks being stuck at home all day, doing housework while my wife works extra hours, even though her wages can't pay our bills, no matter how much she works.

I heard people were supposed to be getting laid more due to the quarantine; right now I'm listening to my wife snoring. She crashed around 8. I'm watching Seinfeld re-runs and wishing I had stocked up on bourbon instead of canned goods.

Just giving you essential workers a glimpse at the other side of the coin.
    I thought you guys did that six months a year anyway!
    😎

I'll find out tomorrow morning if the township will issue me a permit for a sidewalk job.
    Other than that, any job not requiring a permit will be done.

I work about 70 miles from home in NY. The only thing I've been doing differently is filling up my car daily. Might be a good idea to pack a bag.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast