Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Baofeng UV5army

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Baofeng UV5army

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What's its offset? I'm not finding it on their website.

ETA: I found it.
    LOL, sorry, I was responding to other questions. Too fast for me.

(Lebanon County)

I got this figured out, my offset was wrong, now it's right. With the CHIRP software we have the ability to name the freqs, is there a way to show those names on the radio itself? There is no way I can remember what freq is what tower.
    yes, in Chirp, in the settings Tab,Basic Settings, Display mode A and Display mode B, change those both to name. This is also accessible in the radio's menu. One of the things I do is put the programming for all my radios into a spreadsheet, Just memory location, Name, and receive Freq, Print that 5x3, then laminate them and staple together. Nice little pocket guide for quick reference.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    LOL, sorry, I was responding to other questions. Too fast for me.
    That's OK, I need to know how to find that stuff anyhow and now I have it bookmarked.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lebanon County)

That's OK, I need to know how to find that stuff anyhow and now I have it bookmarked.
    Good, I'm lazy, I'd rather teach a man to fish than go fishing for him (although I'd rather be fishing at this point).

(Berks County)

Back from a little trip. I can receive Lebanon's ident with static a few miles east of here but I'm on the east side of a hill at home and can't get anything out of them here. I might be able to get them on top of the hill though. And I'm not getting anything out of Lehigh Valley most of the time. Occasionally I can receive their ident.

(Lebanon County)

Back from a little trip. I can receive Lebanon's ident with static a few miles east of here but I'm on the east side of a hill at home and can't get anything out of them here. I might be able to get them on top of the hill though. And I'm not getting anything out of Lehigh Valley most of the time. Occasionally I can receive their ident.
    Perhaps the Reading 180 repeater, or the one up at the pagoda 147.180 + 110.9 and 145.490 - 114.8 respectively

(Montgomery County)

Hardware questions (UV-5R...)

Is there a practical way to program or modify the programming of the saved channels without a computer?
    For Instance: I have many area repeaters programmed in for scanning. One in particular just gets a lot of static inside my house. If I go to the park, it is clear.
    Is there a way to manually set that channel to Skip in the scanning sequence, without using my computer.

Second, can you add a brand new channel/frequency to the scanning list. For instance, I learn of a new repeater or frequency that I want to monitor, but I do not have my computer available.

(Allegheny County)

One of the things I do is put the programming for all my radios into a spreadsheet, Just memory location, Name, and receive Freq, Print that 5x3, then laminate them and staple together. Nice little pocket guide for quick reference.
    If anyone feels like posting, in English, the ideal setup for the UV-5R in the Pittsburgh area, please feel free. Frequencies, channels, etc. not asking for a configuration file or anything.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    If anyone feels like posting, in English, the ideal setup for the UV-5R in the Pittsburgh area, please feel free. Frequencies, channels, etc. not asking for a configuration file or anything.
    Do you have the CHIRP software? If you do when you open the file tab and there is an 'open stock config' option where one of the options is FRS/GMRS/MURS, which is a good base to start with. Of course it's not legal to use the baofeng to transmit on those freqs but you can listen on them. Then you have to scout out your local repeater freqs and enter them into the form. Then you can upload that to the radio(s).

(Allegheny County)

Do you have the CHIRP software? If you do when you open the file tab and there is an 'open stock config' option where one of the options is FRS/GMRS/MURS, which is a good base to start with. Of course it's not legal to use the baofeng to transmit on those freqs but you can listen on them. Then you have to scout out your local repeater freqs and enter them into the form. Then you can upload that to the radio(s).
    Yeah...I guess I was looking to avoid doing the scouting thanks to someone who has already done so (;

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast