Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Modern Munitions- So far, a hassle with transfer- will update if that changes

Update 3/26/20: They called me to schedule a time to pickup my firearm. I made an apt for 4:30 pm, called in the morning to make sure this time, they confirmed. I got there on time, and ended up waiting a while not because of them but because of PICS- not their fault.
    The owner was there, I talked to him for about an hour while we waited for pics. He was pretty nice. Still, rough around the edges and customer service is not his specialty. I honestly don't think I'll do a transfer there again, but reasonably priced options in Bucks county are few. I did end up getting my gun, but it was quite a process. At the same time, it was during this pandemic crap, so who knows. I'm just trying to be as fair as I can here.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Modern Munitions- So far, a hassle with transfer- will update if that changes

Nope. I wouldn’t by so much as a penny candy from that guy.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

I was in there on Friday to pick up a box of ammo I ordered. I've known John for several years now, actually worked with his wife. I've never personally had any negative interactions with him, but I can tell he was stressed out on Friday. Normally we talk and bs for a while but he has a ton on his plate right now. Not saying what he did was right or wrong, or excusing what happened, but considering the state of everything right now, a little slack wouldn't hurt. As for their hours, for a while they were doing everything by appointment only or with limited hours. As for their ammo, I've been using it a while and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdan View Post
    I was in there on Friday to pick up a box of ammo I ordered. I've known John for several years now, actually worked with his wife. I've never personally had any negative interactions with him, but I can tell he was stressed out on Friday. Normally we talk and bs for a while but he has a ton on his plate right now. Not saying what he did was right or wrong, or excusing what happened, but considering the state of everything right now, a little slack wouldn't hurt. As for their hours, for a while they were doing everything by appointment only or with limited hours. As for their ammo, I've been using it a while and never had a problem.
    I did cut a little slack. I actually went and re-edited my original review to be more fair and "just the facts". As I said in my final post, I actually enjoyed sitting and talking with him for awhile while waiting on PICS to go through. This aside, there were several GLARING moments of bad customer service here- not the least of which being him telling me to "get to the shop now if I wanted my gun", causing me to leave work, and refusing to log the gun in and do the transfer when I arrived.
    I totally understand the stress and the amount of work being put in right now, but that doesn't mean any modicum of customer service should be tossed out.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    I did cut a little slack. I actually went and re-edited my original review to be more fair and "just the facts". As I said in my final post, I actually enjoyed sitting and talking with him for awhile while waiting on PICS to go through. This aside, there were several GLARING moments of bad customer service here- not the least of which being him telling me to "get to the shop now if I wanted my gun", causing me to leave work, and refusing to log the gun in and do the transfer when I arrived.
    I totally understand the stress and the amount of work being put in right now, but that doesn't mean any modicum of customer service should be tossed out.
    Stress or no stress , I agree, not a guy I would do business with !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123