Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Coronavirus Gun Control: Philly Police Halt Concealed Permit Issuance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    6106(b)(12).
    Showoff

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Coronavirus Gun Control: Philly Police Halt Concealed Permit Issuance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    6106(b)(12)

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license
    (12) A person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a firearm pursuant to section 6109 (relating to licenses) and that said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest and that the individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of the license.
    Thanks, I'm going to refresh the sheriffs office memory with this.
    I do believe they said a "grace period" was a myth, but this still seems like a grace period IMO.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    I do believe they said a "grace period" was a myth, but this still seems like a grace period IMO.
    It offends me greatly, and it should the rest of you also, that they ‘give’ us a grace period to continue exercising a God-given Right!

(Northumberland County)

Happening in Northumberland County too. Maybe different reasons or circumstances but happening nonetheless.

https://www.pahomepage.com/top-stori...arms-licenses/

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Sounds like there are going to be some people making money of the city for violating a court order.

Given phillys repeated inability to follow the law, or injunctions of the courts, it would be reasonable for them to process all applications immediately, as soon as the pics results are in.
    Regardless this is their timeline if they do not do their job within that timeframe I would seek legal council and have the issue forced.

he sheriff has 45 days to conduct an investigation to determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license. Included in the investigation is a background check conducted on the individual through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) to determine if the records indicate the individual is prohibited by law. In accordance with 18 PA C.S. §6109, a sheriff may deny an individual the right to a License to Carry Firearms if there is reason to believe that the character and reputation of the individual are such that they would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.

If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff may issue a License to Carry Firearms. The issuance of a License to Carry Firearms allows individuals to carry a firearm concealed on or about their person, or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth. The license is valid for a period of five (5) years unless sooner revoked.

(Lancaster County)

Also Lancaster county did the same thing seems ridiculous to me and if they are open they should be open all the way not in a half assed manner.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff shall issue a License to Carry Firearms.
    Not trying to be a jerk; but in case anyone is not familiar with PA LTCF law needs to knows we're a shall issue state, not to be confused with those other commie states.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Nope! Judges will interpret it and rule that things are different under a SoE.
    We’ve been under an SOE for more then 2 years. It would be pretty easy to show that SOE are normal and no reason to intrude on the people’s rights.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    It is an myth. You can be lawfully attested and charged. You can use it as a defense.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Regardless this is their timeline if they do not do their job within that timeframe I would seek legal council and have the issue forced.

he sheriff has 45 days to conduct an investigation to determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license. Included in the investigation is a background check conducted on the individual through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) to determine if the records indicate the individual is prohibited by law. In accordance with 18 PA C.S. §6109, a sheriff may deny an individual the right to a License to Carry Firearms if there is reason to believe that the character and reputation of the individual are such that they would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.

If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff may issue a License to Carry Firearms. The issuance of a License to Carry Firearms allows individuals to carry a firearm concealed on or about their person, or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth. The license is valid for a period of five (5) years unless sooner revoked.
    Correct, but for that the start the application has to be submitted. As the unit is illegally shut down that might be hard. It of course, does not impact processing the applications already submitted.

At this point I might suggest a Courier delivering a certified letter.

It is worth noting that this is supposed to last at a minimum 12 weeks by all reports and up to two years Dash it is unreasonable to close any essential government service such as the issuing of license to carry firearms.

I would submit that any government service that can be shut down is nonessential and therefore unconstitutional
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast