Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Erie 2a harrasment

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I know what I would do. I am asking YOU, how YOU would determine if the guy wearing trauma plates and carrying an AR-15 rifle standing on the public roadway near your driveway was a threat or not.
    I’d look at them.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Lets talk about the end of the video. Note that the OC'r was carrying handcuffs. LEO's insinuated that he could be charged with impersonating a Police Officer. That is where the Erie PD used some discretion. Given how the OC'r was dressed, he could have been perceived as LEO. However, he was not reported as exhibiting LE behaivor. My question is should a CC or OC'r carry handcuffs? It makes sense. But is it a good idea??
    Do not a sheriff and their deputies often wear hand cuffs? They are no more law enforcement then he. They have the same power of arrest he does.

He made no claims to be an officer and in no way resembled one. They exercised no Discretion.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

There are no consequences for the cops because qualified immunity has evolved into an impenetrable shield. Unless the circumstances of officer misconduct EXACTLY matches another settled case, the officer(s) are exempt from civil suit. In a recent case, a K-9 officer sicced his dog on an unarmed and unresisting suspect already sitting on the ground. The closest case found had the citizen/criminal/victim LAYING on the ground. Case #2 did not exactly match Case #1 so the court found that the officer had no reason to realize that his actions were a no-no. Until qualified immunity is granted/denied on what a reasonable person would infer from training, written procedures and protocols, no one will lose in a civil suit for police misbehavior except the tax payers who pay the settlement against the town and the police department.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    There are no consequences for the cops because qualified immunity has evolved into an impenetrable shield. Unless the circumstances of officer misconduct EXACTLY matches another settled case, the officer(s) are exempt from civil suit. In a recent case, a K-9 officer sicced his dog on an unarmed and unresisting suspect already sitting on the ground. The closest case found had the citizen/criminal/victim LAYING on the ground. Case #2 did not exactly match Case #1 so the court found that the officer had no reason to realize that his actions were a no-no. Until qualified immunity is granted/denied on what a reasonable person would infer from training, written procedures and protocols, no one will lose in a civil suit for police misbehavior except the tax payers who pay the settlement against the town and the police department.
    Which is why the settlement should be so large that the police department is abolished.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Which is why the settlement should be so large that the police department is abolished.
    Wouldn't that be different.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234