Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default what to do with friends that are Anti gun?

So what has anyone done with some friends that are anti gun?

I have one best friend that I was going to use for a reference on my LTCF then I changed it so shes not on it since I found out she was going to give BS info. I brought this up to her to find out why she would do that, her answer "Because NOONE needs a gun! For any reason! Some Police officers shouldnt have guns either!!" She doesn't really believe in self defense either, "if someone breaks into your house even if you think they can harm you, just call the police you have no reason to get involved physically."

I used this as an example to her "What if I am walking somewhere and someone pulls a knife on me and attacks me and I have a gun and use it to defend myself?"

Her:"It's not your choice to shoot them just to stop them, or shoot and kill them, you dont get to make that choice." That alone just has me sitting here going WTF?! So she asked if I was still getting one and I said "yes, its my right, and my choice to defend myself." Her:"If you get one, we're not friends." Blah. All my other friends/people I know have no problem, they are for it because it can be a good hobby, get a membership to a gun club, or just go to a range and shoot.

Anyone ever run into this problem with friends?

Default Re: what to do with friends that are Anti gun?

I had a friend tell me that she would rather let someone kill her than kill someone to save her own life...thats pretty much a conversation ender there. Though she did agree that infringing on the rights of others (gun owners) was not her intent either.
    I'm not friends with people that won't let me do what I want to do within moral and legal bounds...
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    I had a friend tell me that she would rather let someone kill her than kill someone to save her own life...thats pretty much a conversation ender there. Though she did agree that infringing on the rights of others (gun owners) was not her intent either.
    I'm not friends with people that won't let me do what I want to do within moral and legal bounds...
    I'm getting to that point. It's bs.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    So what has anyone done with some friends that are anti gun?

I have one best friend that I was going to use for a reference on my LTCF then I changed it so shes not on it since I found out she was going to give BS info. I brought this up to her to find out why she would do that, her answer "Because NOONE needs a gun! For any reason! Some Police officers shouldnt have guns either!!"
    And that right there is the number one reason I have not applied for a PA LTCF.

(Philadelphia County)

Her:"If you get one, we're not friends." Blah. All my other friends/people I know have no problem, they are for it because it can be a good hobby, get a membership to a gun club, or just go to a range and shoot.
    Don't get too upset about it If she really was your friend she wouldn't try to stop you from making a choice that could potentially one day save your life.

We're your friends now, and thats all you need. LOL

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    Don't get too upset about it If she really was your friend she wouldn't try to stop you from making a choice that could potentially one day save your life.

We're your friends now, and thats all you need. LOL
    That's what I said but then it gets thrown in my face "you dont get to make that choice"

Whats really ODD is she wants a gun too for going shooting at a range, but I told her it might be harder for her since she was...in the hospital. I don't get how that makes sense.

Thats what my GF said...she didn't want me to get it but without an argument said: "It's your choice," and filled out the reference and did the phone interview for me...and now its her turn to apply...all the pieces of my evil plan are falling into place...
    Last edited by emsjeep; October 21st, 2008 at 10:09 PM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    Thats what my GF said...she didn't want me to get it but without an argument said: "It's your choice," and filled out the reference and did the phone interview for me...and now its her tunr to apply...all the pieces of my evil plan are falling into place...
    Haha nice!

(Philadelphia County)

That's what I said but then it gets thrown in my face "you dont get to make that choice"

Lemme get this straight.....YOU don't get to make the choice between YOU living and dying ?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF are you supposed to do ? Leave that choice to some piece of shit scumbag ???

Let your friend leave her life in the hands of some one like that.

You protect yourself at all times, let your friend leave her life in the hands of a mugger, rapist, or murderer.........

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    Lemme get this straight.....YOU don't get to make the choice between YOU living and dying ?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF are you supposed to do ? Leave that choice to some piece of shit scumbag ???

Let your friend leave her life in the hands of some one like that.

You protect yourself at all times, let your friend leave her life in the hands of a mugger, rapist, or murderer.........
    Apparently thats what I am to do, because I have no right to take someones life or to hurt them for the rest of their life. If they do that to me or someone else then they have to live with it until they get caught....I Cannot understand that one as much as it is told me, i cant find the logic. More less it's if someone is about to cause harm to myself, or already has, just call the police and hope they get there fast.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast