Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Lending a firearm out to a trusted friend.

The only gun I've loaned out was a Mossberg shotgun to an ex-girlfriend's mom about 11 years ago. She really didn't have a pot to piss in and lived in a run-down trailer over near Canton PA(2-3 hour drive from me). I only paid $60 for it back when her daughter and I were dating back in the late '90s, which paid for itself at turkey shoots over the years. She kept it until she passed away in May of 2018.

The agreement was that when she was done with it, it would come back to me.

When my ex came up from Virginia to deal with funeral and estate issues they found it in a closet. The ex called me up to fulfill the agreement. I told her to sell it and put it towards funeral expenses.

Today, there are only a few select relatives I'd loan a gun to. Although, most if not all already have guns.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I have never been asked to borrow a gun until last week. I was surprised by the first person who asked me. I told her she would be better off learning how to shoot first, then I would reconsider lending her a shotgun. I was going to take her to the range this week...we are closed for the time being. She hasn't pressed the issue. I was asked again today. I basically said no to any handgun or AR, but would consider a shotgun. I suggested to both people they should make the investment and go to Cabelas or buy one from GB. Oh, they also wanted my ammo.

Last thing I want is to get shot by someone who borrowed a gun and came back looking for something else...

That's the last thing I'm worried about with my one friend, after telling them the limits on meat and the lack of product in the store they told us we have free access to their meat freezers if we need. They still haven't asked or even mentioned firearms as of yet.

If anyone knows someone who has never owned a firearm especially a handgun before the virus outbreak then please share this with them. It may save them or someone else from being injured due to ignorance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234