Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Gun Shops NOT gouging prices?

I see posts reacting to certain retailers high demand prices for ammo ( CTD )
    but I don't see any posts for the honest shops out there that are not trying to gouge people.
    Perhaps the community could give a shout out to their LGS that not trying to screw customers over.
    Here's mine, right from FB from a few hours ago.

NJT ARMS will be open today
    are prices are the same as always and we will give prices over the phone (if anyone cant give a price over the phone they are charging to much) we are low on ammo but have some on the way we still have some 5.56 available and a few boxes of 9mm call with any ? 610-440-1831 normal hours 1813 main st Northampton pa 18067 also check out our online store at njtarms.com click on the link for online store thanks

Nelson and his wife have always treated myself and family very well, and I have never felt cheated when buying anything from their store.

Roland
    75/15/10

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun Shops NOT gouging prices?

I think most of the reputable shops have been handling the supply/demand issues with integrity. Sure the ammo is disappearing, but natchez had Blazer brass cases in earlier today. I bought a half case of Winchester 9mm from Cabela's, and up until it was sold out, Midway hadn't changed prices either.
    I don't have a lot of respect for people and companies that try and profit from scared people. But with things like toilet paper and hand sanitizer, there aren't really laws in place to stop it.
    That said, i don't think I'd be so certain that reselling tons of ammunition at a mark up is a good way to fly under the radar of the law and the various ffl classifications required to sell ammunition.
    I'm aware that it is perfectly legal to sell extra ammunition you may have. But I've never seen a define quantity.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. In short, trusted dealers are trusted because of how they deal with things when times are tough.

-Zach

(Philadelphia County)

Ammo prices are generally up across the board because prices went up at the wholesale level virtually overnight. I've see cases of 9mm previously sold for $160-180, selling currently for $200-220. That's not gouging IMO. That's fair. I'm sure gun prices may be a little higher too with supply/demand and how much people want for their used guns.

CTD is run by a bunch of opportunistic assholes.

(Cumberland County)

Here you go, Mechanicsburg ordnance kept his prices the same. Keep in mind it’s running short and the suppliers are raising prices. We’ve been here before, as the supply gets low at the distributor level they will charge more and it gets passed along. It was well said on the forum and I’ll repeat it. If you are a gun owner and haven’t stocked up previously shame on you. The reputable dealers will keep the same mark ups as before but may restrict volume so others have a chance. Good luck to those that are playing catch up. Keep well and be careful.

(Erie County)

I better be careful. All those first time owners may be coming for my TP

(Bucks County)

I went to two places.one for a friend the other just for ammo. Classic pistol and Tanners seemed to be in line... I bought a 10mm carbine for $219 and ammo at the other place was $22 per 50 rounds target 10mm. I didn't think that was bad...both places were busier than I have ever seen.

(Mifflin County)

My local shop "Grices " closed as of today . They had a big sale coming up this weekend too .

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I went to two places.one for a friend the other just for ammo. Classic pistol and Tanners seemed to be in line... I bought a 10mm carbine for $219 and ammo at the other place was $22 per 50 rounds target 10mm. I didn't think that was bad...both places were busier than I have ever seen.
    I've been dealing with Tanners for at least 25 years now. I can honestly say, I have never, let me repeat that, NEVER seen them gouge. And I don't think, I ever will.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Wayne County)

Stopped in at Hunters Gallery in Hamlin to pick up some 357 mag ammo and everything was normal. The young lady said that they were running out of ammo though.

(Allegheny County)

Sportsmans warehouse is doing order on line only and wait outside aJd they bring it to you at the front door. No increase in prices l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast