Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Cash

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Cash

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    No, I haven’t heard of anything like that, nor do I believe it without proof (links).
    see post # 58

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    I have cash for all those people that will need to start selling their toys.

I looking for another motorcycle and a little fishing boat.
    I got a used car I've been eyeing. Now that they're closed by bullshit order, I'm gonna leave 'em a message and see if they want to accidentally meet to discuss it.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I wonder keeping cash at home is all that smart. Crooks might just think that and break in to get their hands on the cash they think people are keeping at home.
    Obviously cash needs to be in a safe with all your other valuables. Or guarded by frickin sharks with lasers on their heads.

In normal times, I have cash on hand, but it is only for buying used items or paying for services where it gets you a discount. I use a credit card as much as possible for reward points. Although the free flight vouchers I have acquired aren't too useful right now, the cash back on other cards has always been great. Not taking advantage of cash back or other rewards is like walking past money laying on the ground in my opinion. I understand if you don't have the self discipline to pay off your card balance every month and want to avoid paying interest on purchases, but other than that I see no reason to pay cash unless it is necessary or gets you a discount.

Right now, if things go sideways, I don't really see cash being too appealing. Beans, bullets, and bandaids will be the currency I am interested in.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Obviously cash needs to be in a safe with all your other valuables. Or guarded by frickin sharks with lasers on their heads.

In normal times, I have cash on hand

Right now, if things go sideways, I don't really see cash being too appealing. Beans, bullets, and bandaids will be the currency I am interested in.

I would like cash, with or with out coronis, washing money is illegal.

(Berks County)

I work at a bank. People are going crazy. Yes we are going to maintain our ATMs and yes if you need more money, just go through the drive-up. No need to take out 10k. We will be here.

(Berks County)

How does " Transfer money from bank account" deposit his check? He doesn't want money OUT of his account. He wants money INTO his account.
    I wonder keeping cash at home is all that smart. Crooks might just think that and break in to get their hands on the cash they think people are keeping at home.
    You outta get with the program, I deposit my checks by taking their pictures with my iPhone and clicking a couple of buttons and the secret to keeping your money is to bury it in the back yard in a place that you can find it when you need it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You outta get with the program, I deposit my checks by taking their pictures with my iPhone and clicking a couple of buttons and the secret to keeping your money is to bury it in the back yard in a place that you can find it when you need it.
    Tell me where it is buried in case you forget. I can then help...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I've decided to take 10 grand out and put it in a safety deposit box. That leaves me with $500.00 to keep the account open.
    If you have to go to the bank to get your money, you may as well leave it in your account.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I believe that it is illegal to put cash in a safe deposit box.
    No it isn't.

How does " Transfer money from bank account" deposit his check? He doesn't want money OUT of his account. He wants money INTO his account.
    The context of that post was CASHING a check. If you just leave the money in the account, all you have done is deposited it, not cashed it.

They don't know if cash is here or not. So the cash being here doesn't increase the risk of break-in. And given where the cash is, it doesn't really increase the risk of loss either.

Quote Originally Posted by astropsych View Post
    We will be here.
    You have a crystal ball?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by astropsych View Post
    I work at a bank. People are going crazy. Yes we are going to maintain our ATMs and yes if you need more money, just go through the drive-up. No need to take out 10k. We will be here.
    i cant imagine the number of SARs being completed right now

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Tell me where it is buried in case you forget. I can then help...
    It's right next to the 69K line that buried out there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast