Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Cash

Default Re: Cash

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    see post # 58
    OK, so a vet........

Excuse me, but really?

Also, sorry if I don’t have faith in a story told “on line” without a link to something.....

My brothers friends mothers cousin had a hair dresser that knew a truck driver that once heard about a guy who told him something......

Sorry, if you can’t provide a link, I have a problem believin’..........

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    i cant imagine the number of SARs being completed right now
    It’s not fun. CTRs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I’ve seen plenty of Facebook posts of people who have done the order and curbside pick up say many restaurants want payment over the phone via CC when the order is placed no cash accepted.

My brother had to take a sick animal to the vet this past week. They cone out to you and take the animal in, you wait in car, they bring diagnoses to you and you pay by CC only. The bring animal back to you.

Type this in google and there are many articles talking about stopping cash transactions going back 2 weeks.

“when will merchants stop accepting cash because of carona virus.”
    My vet is doing the same thing. They sent an email earlier this week saying to stay in your car and let a tech come out to get your pet out of the back seat. CC over the phone or paypal only, no cash. Absolutely no contact between vet staff and customers.

(Butler County)

This a gun forum, I've paid cash for almost every gun I ever bought. Excluding gunbroker. Every gun I've sold was for cash. Younger guys I work with never have any cash, it's all on the plastic. I like to have several hundred dollars on me always. You never know when a deal will pop up and a handful of $20's makes a good bargaining chip.

This /\ /\

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    This a gun forum, I've paid cash for almost every gun I ever bought. Excluding gunbroker. Every gun I've sold was for cash. Younger guys I work with never have any cash, it's all on the plastic. I like to have several hundred dollars on me always. You never know when a deal will pop up and a handful of $20's makes a good bargaining chip.
    $20's? You're small time. I've bought some stuff through the interwebs using PP F&F too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    This x1000 but not just for guns. Wife always asks why I keep so much cash on me and this is my response. I scored a basically brand new factory return $1400 warn winch for a crisp $100 because the guy hadn't yet looked up the price and he didn't think it was ganna work.

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=esh21167;4162533]Watch those money for sax transactions. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Grocery stores, gas stations and power companies will always accept credit cards or a bank transfer. If they go down cash isn't going to help you......or even gold and silver.

The only currency will be food, fuel, firearms and toilet paper.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget alcohol and tobacco.
    And coffee. After a couple mornings of no coffee people will be hankering for it.

Quote Originally Posted by astropsych View Post
    I work at a bank. People are going crazy. Yes we are going to maintain our ATMs and yes if you need more money, just go through the drive-up. No need to take out 10k. We will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

You have a crystal ball?
    Since I know who he is, he pretty much does. He is on the inside far enough to know.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Clinton County)

Ads pushing "contactless payments" are becoming more and more common. Pretty soon it will be a mandate to only use electronic transfers.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678