Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Get back home bag

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't buy this stuff to eat routinely, so I don't know if these are new or not, but I just noticed them last night.

May not be a bad item to toss in a bag for emergency use.
    I already have one of those "ready to eat" rice pouches as well as a few flavored tuna pouches.
    I keep them in a ziplock on the off chance they leak with temp changes.

There were 3 flavors, but one was sold out. (tomato basil?)

They also have chicken and tuna salad. They make great sandwiches

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    They also have chicken and tuna salad. They make great sandwiches

They do. I used buy similar for sandwiches a long time ago in a place very far away. They keep pretty long and don't get that nasty with heat.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    EM.... I think it fits in this thread...

Were you running up Lebanon Road from the bottom up towards the GetGo/ AGC airport this weekend? Had to be a great dude... lol

We were en route to Oakland and a hard core dude was running up hill wearing a plate carrier and backpack. I waved & chirped my horn. ha

All for it! I train that way too now. Love it.
    A brisk walk is about as fast as I would ever be seen moving.
    I never understood "running" - that's why we have motorized vehicles.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

A brisk walk is about as fast as I would ever be seen moving.
    I never understood "running" - that's why we have motorized vehicles.

Can you even say that in an emergency-preparedness thread?! Broseph.... jk jk to each their own.

I don't wanna go all Flannel Daddy on the rest of us... but, no point in kitting out if you're not fit. I learned this the hard way and changed forever. (I'll share pics privately if I know you to validate I'm not BSing.)

But, to quote Flannel Daddy.... "If you're not fit, you're gonna die.".

With that said.... I bitched out after only 4km today. It was faster than usual, but whatever. Gosh darn South Hills terrain...
    F*S=k

I had a dream last night that the machines came. They just slowly made their way through the streets shooting everything and everyone.
    There were no police to be seen, just civilians dug in, shooting back.
    I was on foot with my son, he was about ten in the dream. And it was at night.

All we did was travel the back yards of houses to get back home where all my weapons were.

I dropped my son off, grabbed a 20mm lahti, a big belt of ammo, my 14" ar15 with a bandolier of ammo,
    and a 9mm pistol.

I got back to the area where the machines were, set everything up, watched other civilians gather in well armed groups,
    waiting for the machines. It was night time.
    We were ready, I was perched on a roof of a local business, alone. The others that I could see, were in a parking lot of another business,
    to my right, about 75yrds and 30' below me.

I didn't have to worry about food, as this was in a populated area, with stores around.
    The machines started making their way towards us. I readied my lahti, and woke up.

I was so friggin pissed off, I tried going back to sleep to rejoin the dream again. That didn't work as it was 6am already.

I guess what I got out of it was, always be armed, and dont be too far from your stash.

The machines come out of nowhere. At any given time. No warnings.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I had a dream last night that the machines came. They just slowly made their way through the streets shooting everything and everyone.
    There were no police to be seen, just civilians dug in, shooting back.
    I was on foot with my son, he was about ten in the dream. And it was at night.

All we did was travel the back yards of houses to get back home where all my weapons were.

I dropped my son off, grabbed a 20mm lahti, a big belt of ammo, my 14" ar15 with a bandolier of ammo,
    and a 9mm pistol.

I got back to the area where the machines were, set everything up, watched other civilians gather in well armed groups,
    waiting for the machines. It was night time.
    We were ready, I was perched on a roof of a local business, alone. The others that I could see, were in a parking lot of another business,
    to my right, about 75yrds and 30' below me.

I didn't have to worry about food, as this was in a populated area, with stores around.
    The machines started making their way towards us. I readied my lahti, and woke up.

I was so friggin pissed off, I tried going back to sleep to rejoin the dream again. That didn't work as it was 6am already.

I guess what I got out of it was, always be armed, and dont be too far from your stash.

The machines come out of nowhere. At any given time. No warnings.

Oh man... you where there too last night?

I was naked and had nothing... except my smiling Ukrainian girlfriend... ditched her quick (the hot Asian one was carrying her bi gf and running ahead of me (also naked), so I knew I'd be fine); but I could run 10 ish miles that way. (not as far the more I kitted-up tho) LOL... we must eat the same hot sauce with our bedtime cheese snacks!

But, for real tho..... You should be able to lift/carry a loved one and sprint an acceptable distance. I can't believe I lived so many years being unfit. My body is fucked, but I will maintain this ability as long as I can.
    Last edited by ScaredOnce; February 27th, 2023 at 11:12 PM. Reason: sprint.. not spring.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

I guess what I'm saying is... your first "Get Home Bag" is inside of your skin. Mostly in your head, but def also in your cardio/strength training.

Everyone focusses on the "go-bang" tools... but, the stuff in your head & muscles to avoid that at all costs are more important. Maybe the medical is even equal... idk

Stop Holes
    Plug Holes
    Make Holes

right?
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Can you even say that in an emergency-preparedness thread?! Broseph.... jk jk to each their own.

I don't wanna go all Flannel Daddy on the rest of us... but, no point in kitting out if you're not fit. I learned this the hard way and changed forever. (I'll share pics privately if I know you to validate I'm not BSing.)

But, to quote Flannel Daddy.... "If you're not fit, you're gonna die.".

With that said.... I bitched out after only 4km today. It was faster than usual, but whatever. Gosh darn South Hills terrain...
    If "kitting out" is another way of saying "bugging out", yeah, I'm not doing that.

This is a "GET HOME bag" thread.

Home is where the snuggly bed is at! LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Oh man... you where there too last night?

I was naked and had nothing... except my smiling Ukrainian girlfriend... ditched her quick (the hot Asian one was carrying her bi gf and running ahead of me (also naked), so I knew I'd be fine); but I could run 10 ish miles that way. (not as far the more I kitted-up tho) LOL... we must eat the same hot sauce with our bedtime cheese snacks!

But, for real tho..... You should be able to lift/carry a loved one and sprint an acceptable distance. I can't believe I lived so many years being unfit. My body is fucked, but I will maintain this ability as long as I can.
    I'm pushing 60, I'm lucky to be able to dream like that let alone do that
    Once I get back to work I'll be able to do more. Sitting around for three months takes a toll on you.
    Especially when your whole life was working hard.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

If "kitting out" is another way of saying "bugging out", yeah, I'm not doing that.

This is a "GET HOME bag" thread.

Home is where the snuggly bed is at! LOL
    No sorry… by the “kitting out” (stupid ass Brit talk I can’t shake)… I meant our gear. Everyone wants to talk gear, but being physically fit is more important-usually.

And no… only Get Home Bag talk: I’ve got too much to be responsible for to just bug-out. I’d need CAS & helos to bug-out. And I think Biden said we’re not allowed to have Strike Eagles… what a donger-smoker.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast